• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How can I encounter Potc ships randomly in open sea ?

Noxsik2012

Landlubber
Well I would like to find the potc ships in open sea randomly, for example the black pearl or the queen anne's revenge. Do you know how can i do that??

I used the ''can enncounter'' command, but for example when i am in open sea I find 3 or 4 Black pearls with spanish or french colours

If you're doing it that way, add in this block to the definition of "BlackPearl" (or whichever version you're trying to encounter by changing the 'refShip.CanEncounter' line):
Code:
    //Nation
   refShip.england = 0.0; //
   refShip.france = 0.0; //
   refShip.holland = 0.0; //
   refShip.portugal = 0.0; //
   refShip.pirate = 0.01; //
   refShip.spain = 0.0; //
   refShip.america = 0.0; //
You can copy the entire block from the definition of "Pirate_SteamFrigate". That will limit the ship to only appearing in pirate squadrons. But even then, you won't meet the Black Pearl. You'll meet a random ship with a random name and random captain which just happens to look like the Black Pearl.

The Black Pearl is tier 4, so if you do the above, it may show up as a random pirate. The Queen Anne's Revenge is tier 3. Pirate ships are normally limited to tier 4 or smaller, the reason being that real pirates didn't tend to sail around in big battleships. So even if you change the definition of "QueenAnnesRevenge" the same way, you probably won't meet it unless you also edit "InternalSettings.h" and change this line:
Code:
#define MAXPIRATECLASS               4

Ok, I did it! Thank you so much! The 2nd time I change the maxpirateclass it works!

I was in a boat in the middle of a storm when in the mist I saw a giant size ship. Was the Queen Anne's Revenge, what a beautiful view

Last edited:
Back