• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hornblower Walkthrough - Mar 2010

Do you have a savegame again?

Also, what do you suggest should be done with the nation relations? Should probably be included in the main modpack files too. :yes

I packed 3, one right before sailing back, one having arrived in Kingston and the latest (using the meantime, being "usefull" for old friends of mine :D)

To the realations matter, its a problem I like to solve for COAS aswell, including a "narator" window in the interface for editing global conditions during a game such as the nation relations (if there could be no script, following the diplomacy according to a story or history itself) or certain other events like sieges or small skirmishes, that would generate more long term motivation

EDIT: forget the kingston file, I mixed something up, use the one from antigua and go directly to bridgetown

Attachments

• -=Player=- Antigua. Antigua November 13th, 1793.zip
    795.1 KB · Views: 357
  • -=Player=- Curaçao. Willemstad town December 10th, 1793.zip
    845.7 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
I just went to the Bridgetown Naval HQ and met with Captain Sawyer just fine, then was told that France signed a peace treaty.
So seems to work fine to me. You might have to ensure you arrive there during day-time though.

For the nation relations, I now added a line to this case to REALLY set France and England to neutral.
Where is Spain supposed to turn neutral? Then I can add that too.

We do have the Changing Nation Relations mod that randomizes things. Not historically accurate, but interesting nonetheless.

The last try worked out, maybe I missed a locator or somewhat, but there should be no Cpt. Sawyer with the Mutiny start dialog, we remember that he should have been killed on the renown by spaniards o_O

Spain should become neutral ("quasi hostile") during the "examination for leutenant" - mission

there should be no Cpt. Sawyer with the Mutiny start dialog, we remember that he should have been killed on the renown by spaniards o_O
Indeed that did have me a bit confused. Did you get that too? :shock

Spain should become neutral ("quasi hostile") during the "examination for leutenant" - mission
Wished I knew the actual quest case for that. Haven't played through it all myself.
One day I want to play through ALL the stories and smooth out the rough edges wherever I find them.

That "Sawyer dejavu" happend to me aswell

You can turn the spanish neutral right at the mission beginning and hostile when they attack with that fireship during the exam, that seems appropriate to me

I suppose that will have to wait until I actually play through it. Otherwise I don't think I'll find the appropriate spots.

It worked out fine, thanks but the next issue came along right away, lol in the naval HQ in Kingston: no one is there to tell me anything, I even can't find any document in my inv. to be delivered :confused:

Are you sailing to Kingston Naval HQ after the Antigua Land Battle. ? :confused:

According to the walk through the last time you visit Kingston is just before you go to Antigua for the Land Battle :read

After the land Battle you go to Bridgetown Naval HQ

:cheers

Fond another story part, that doesn't work :(

after blowing up the signal tower, heading back to beach, frenchies are spawned but nothing further happens, damn it!

Attachments

• -=Player=- Guadeloupe. Jungle February 10th, 1794 1.zip
    847.5 KB · Views: 373
  • compile.log
    10.8 KB · Views: 356
  • error.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 363
  • system.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 355
UGH! You're absolutely right. More initModels errors.
This time they WERE in there, but with n++; instead of AddCharacterModel(model); . Oops. :facepalm

Recommend opening PROGRAM\console.c and finding;
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
   ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
   ref ch;
   int i;
   int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
  ch = CharacterFromID("Thomas Wolfe");
   SetModel(ch, "WolfFrench", DEFAULT_ANI, DEFAULT_ANI, MAN_HEIGHT, true);
Load a savegame BEFORE the location where you get stuck, press F12 and then continue.
That should get the guy to show up again.

Right within the following auto-sequences, the next error! The hole game stops after Wolfe talks to me in the cell and the action should jump to the beach again, black screen, couldn't even save inbetween :(

If that "erroring" keeps going on like this, I fear I'll have to skip and mark it as unplayable, although some say they went through it, but in all these year there have been so many changes in the game components, that you may face much more storyline-scripting conflicts...

Attachments

• compile.log
    10.2 KB · Views: 354
  • error.log
    6.5 KB · Views: 363
  • system.log
    4.8 KB · Views: 357
Looks to be again model-related. Yesterday's error applied to several more Hornblower models, which could be messing things up.

I think the reason for this cropping up now is because the new model system is less forgiving for missing initModels.c entries than the previous system.
So while before, the errors did occur, it also still worked well enough to be able to continue. But not anymore.
In a way that is a GOOD thing, because at least we notice now and can fix it.

At this point, the best might be to extract attached file to PROGRAM\Models , then open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom.
Start a NEW game on the Hornblower storyline and find C.S. Forester in Antigua Port when the storyline opens. He stands just past the governor's mansion.
He allows you to skip to various parts of the storyline. This will allow the model to be updated properly and hopefully get you through properly this time.

Attachments

• initModels.zip
    40.5 KB · Views: 352
Several of us played through this storyline successfully 2-3 years ago with varying problems. Some had lots and some had very few. I had few problems till the end. That was buggy.

Back