• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Hornblower - stuck on Tunnel Trouble

antonyzac

Professional questioner
Hi there!

I'm currently on the Tunnel Trouble quest, and have paid 100g to go through to the beach, but Richard Sharpe isn't there...
I've reloaded the game because sometimes it helps if a character won't speak, but this guy is just missing. Any suggestions?

Nothing that explains why he's missing. Apparently I'm meant to emerge from the tunnel and find Richard there, but it's an empty beach. Ah well.

He should be there - :yes

When you reloaded the game did you use a save from before you talked to Smug - Larr.

If not try using a Save from talking to Smug - Larr and see if that works.

When you get to the beach Midshipman Hunter should talk to you & should say that he sees Sharpe. - ( on spawning on the beach you might need to wait for Hunter to walk up to you and talk).

:drunk

Hi Talisman!

I saved the game after talking to Smug - Larr and overwrote the save from before. The last save I have from before is at Antigua's navy HQ from the start! :(

I waited for Hunter to speak up but all he did was follow me around the beach as a tried hopelessly to search for Sharpe. Thanks for the reply.

Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and find ENABLE_CHEATMODE at the bottom. Set it to 1, then start a new Hornblower game.
When you arrive in the Antigua port, don't go into the Naval Academy, but walk past the residence instead.
All the way in the back of the town will be a character called "Cecil Scott Forester". Talking to him allows you to skip to various parts of the story.
That might speed things up.

Great help! It worked perfectly...

I have no encountered another problem though. I am on the part where I must capture the Spanish fort. I go to the prison shore where the rope bridge is, and Sharpe tells me his men should go first. I stand back and let them, then sharpe runs down again and tells me there's a cannon pointing in our direction, and I have to fight the guards.
From this point, I get confused. I've tried fighting the guards, and after I kill them (standing at the start of the bridge), I die by a cannon shot. I tried standing back and letting the others kill them, whilst I'm on the sand at the bottom of the cliff, and I still die. No matter where I go, after the two guards at the start of the bridge have been killed, I hear a cannon and I die. Any suggestions? :)

Great help! It worked perfectly...

I have no encountered another problem though. I am on the part where I must capture the Spanish fort. I go to the prison shore where the rope bridge is, and Sharpe tells me his men should go first. I stand back and let them, then sharpe runs down again and tells me there's a cannon pointing in our direction, and I have to fight the guards.
From this point, I get confused. I've tried fighting the guards, and after I kill them (standing at the start of the bridge), I die by a cannon shot. I tried standing back and letting the others kill them, whilst I'm on the sand at the bottom of the cliff, and I still die. No matter where I go, after the two guards at the start of the bridge have been killed, I hear a cannon and I die. Any suggestions? :)

There are 2 paths from the beach up the slope to the Rope bridge :yes

If you take the wrong path then the cannon shoots you and you die :boom:

So you have to go up the other path from the beach - ( the 2 join half way up the slope ) .

Half way up the slope Sharpe talks to you and the riflemen go ahead of you and deal with the cannon.

:drunk

I'm sure Short Jack Gold will be happy to know you like his work. :onya
As far as I know, he based the story on the films though.... :wp

Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and find ENABLE_CHEATMODE at the bottom. Set it to 1, then start a new Hornblower game.
When you arrive in the Antigua port, don't go into the Naval Academy, but walk past the residence instead.
All the way in the back of the town will be a character called "Cecil Scott Forester". Talking to him allows you to skip to various parts of the story.
That might speed things up.
Whoever came up with this idea is a genius!!

Back