• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Horizontal Scroll Bar Missing

I still have the scroll bar Morgan :?

Check THIS post mate, it should definitely give you a scroll bar!

What browser are you using Morgan?

I believe he means this one CM :

scroll.jpg

I dunno mate, I just tried it with IE myself and I got the side scroll bar no problem. :shrug

Have a look at THIS Morgan, that's the only thing I can think of to try.

nah. it's just this site. must not be compatible with my resolution or something.

This is a strange one... Ive been trying to find a solution, but it seems this can have more than one cause depending on your browser version. The fact that some people have it and some people don't, leads me to believe it is an IE problem and not a problem with PA. THIS seems to be the best solution I can find. :shrug

Dealing with IE8 Scroll Bar Issues

IE8 seems to be full of troubles, especially the scroll bar problems. If you’re using IE8, then be it “no scroll bar problem in Internet Explorer” or some other issue, you must try to find out the source of trouble by initially disabling all the add-ons and running IE in no add-on mode, and then enable each add-on one at a time, monitor the behavior of the browser and find out the add-on or plug-in responsible for causing the trouble.

Horizontal Scrollbar Bug in IE 8 Beta Version - Does Microsoft Really Care?

Several users have reported the "Horizontal Scrollbar bug" in IE 8 beta, but MS has bluntly turned it down stating that they could never reproduce it (as though they can’t see grayed out horizontal scrollbars with open eyes).

Later on, it has been fixed in the stable release of IE 8, and it looks like Microsoft has found a few work-arounds too, so as to ensure that at least users can’t report such bugs on www.microsoft.com (earlier almost every user used to report bugs on www.microsoft.com, which was indeed quite shameful for MS).
Need More Help?

If nothing works, you can try viewing the web page in full screen mode by pressing F11. In full screen, you won’t realize the missing horizontal scroll bar.

I'll keep looking and see if I can come up with anything else. Maybe it would be a good idea to split this thread in case more people are having this same problem. :shrug

Thanks Pieter! :dance

Back