• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

Added the figurehead, the bell and the chimney, what do you think?

23u2yqs.jpg

1213n74.jpg

5nr9jp.jpg

2ibkpy1.jpg

Hi, please can you tell me what settings do you use when export with Maya?
When i have tried to export the new surprise model, in gm viewer she looks ok, then i open it with tool and some parts disappear, like the headrails the stern and the guns, why for you?

I found a way!:shoot:
I export it in two parts, and then i make one with tool...

I'm almost afraid to ask, but, what's the polycount?

And, what's with that figurehead? A saluting mermaid? It's supposed to be Athena, with sword and shield, and helmet.

No Jack Harisson. If they do that they get a beep ingame. :facepalm
At least this happened with me always. :b:

The figurehead is the one of the old Surprise, i can't make a new one...
She has 140.000 faces, the old surprise 100.000...

I export it with maya, first file's the basic hull feometry, the second file's the rest, i rename the first file HMS_Surprise, the second HMS_Surprise_part1, with tool i add a locator on the HMS_Surprise named part1 group geometry and ingame she looks perfect, and loading it in two part i get about 60-61 fps.

And, i made also the path and she doesn't have the blot bug...

Okay Locator goes through. I thought the part of the tool would connect with the ship, which is also possible but the error produced ;)

The figurehead is the one of the old Surprise, i can't make a new one...
Why not? You seem to be doing quite good with basic ship modelling?

She has 140.000 faces, the old surprise 100.000...
Gah! My most detailed ship has less than 30.000 faces. What's up with all those new modelers and their polycounts?

Guys, seriously, stop making such detailed ships. At some point the engine is just gonna collapse under the workload, and what then?

Just curious, are guys talking about triangulated face count or ...well, the normal one?

The faces that are counted in gm viewer... When i get home i'll post screenshots...

The faces that are counted in gm viewer... When i get home i'll post screenshots...

She looks great in-game! I guess you used the original Surprise's masts?
Could you possibly make the top of the foremast a bit taller, so I can add the missing ensign there? Then she'd be perfect! :cheeky

EDIT: wait a sec, in your screenshots it shows the bow and stern guns exist (2 either end), but they aren't charged ready to fire... :?

Yes, exactly - that's one of the most poly-intense part of the ship, considering that there are 22 (or so) of them.

Very nice! By the way, the film was on TV in France to night, and you were right, no promontory on the forecastle ;) My eyes saw wrong, the only things missing are now the canots and the anchors, and maybe make the figurehead to be a little bigger ; but those are details, except that, that's her! All my congratulations for that long awaited work! :D

Back