• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with abduction quest - stuck

kadyrovtsy

Landlubber
First of all, great storyline so far, been enjoying it. Unfortunately I’m at a point where idk how to continue

At a certain point in the abduction quest, right after you break a prisoner out in exchange for info on Lucia’s whereabouts, the walkthrough on the wiki states the following:

“Sail to Port Royale. Talk to tavern keeper Charles Windem. Lucia (*) and Piers (*) were married in Port Royale church. Go to Gilbert Downing's house and talk about the marriage. When you leave, local citizen Robert Blewett will tell you about the house and dungeon. Go into the dungeon.
(img)
This is a map of the dungeon. The red cross shows the concealed entrance to the old Inquisition prison. This will not be available until this point in the storyline, so don't bother trying to find it earlier.”

After I talk to the tavern keeper, I go to Gilbert Downing’s house, but it’s locked. Tried day and night, talking to anyone standing nearby, etc. I’m not sure where to go from here.. The dungeon next to his house is open, but as the walkthrough states, the concealed prison is not available until I presumably have the conversation at the house.

Do I need lockpicks or something?
it’s very hard to find someone that sells them and the walkthrough doesn’t mention needing them. (I also have the signet ring though I don’t think that is relevant.)

For clarity, the last two entries in my questbook are the following -

“In return for rescuing Wilfred Roscoe, Garfield Leighton has told me that Lucia de la Vega was seen being brought into Port Royale by an armed gang.

[after talking to the tavern keeper:]

Now I know the motive for the kidnap. Piers Downing has married Lucia de la Vega, probably against Lucia de la Vega’s will.”

Not a lot of activity on this subforum but hopefully I can get some help

After breaking Wilfred Roscoe out of Guadeloupe, have you been back to Tortuga to talk to Garfield Leighton? The questbook seems to indicate that you have.

Did the Port Royale tavern keeper have anything to say about the wedding?

You don't need to have a lockpick. You will need one to release Lucia from the dungeon, but if you don't have one already, you'll be given one. But that won't happen until you've talked to Gilbert Downing, which brings us back to the basic problem - the door is locked, and it shouldn't be, because the same piece of code which added that last entry to the questbook should also have unlocked the door.

Can you upload a savegame, preferably from before you talked to the tavern keeper? You'll need to zip the savegame file with something like 7-Zip to be able to upload it.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I talked to Garfield after rescuing the prisoner, who pointed me to Port Royale, and then went to the tavern keeper in Port Royale, who tells me Piers and Lucia have (unhappily) been married.

Here's the save game, on Jamaica right before I go talk to the tavern keeper, as you requested.

Attachments

• -=Player5=- Jamaica.7z
    588.8 KB · Views: 128
I'll have a look at that save to be sure, but my guess is that you're using an old version of the game, possibly the May 2018 version without updates. If so, try downloading the attached file, then unzip it and copy the files into place. Then try your save and talk to the tavern keeper again. The new files include the up to date version of his dialog which should unlock the door.

If that fails, press F12. Also included is console.c with a command to unlock the door.

Attachments

• PROGRAM.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 134
The fix worked and I got into the house, thanks so much for your help.

And yeah my title screen says build 14, 21st May 2018. I downloaded it from ModDB what I thought was the latest version, guess not lol.

The installer on ModDB is the current version. What you're missing is the post May 2018 updates - I thought someone had uploaded those to ModDB too, but apparently not.

Finish the storyline, then be sure to get the updates before starting your next game. A lot of bugs have been fixed and a lot of new stuff added over the past 3 years!

Alright will do, thanks guys. Soon as I finish Ardent I'll get the update and play the remaining storylines using new version.

Forgive my noob questions but, to be clear, since installer and content archive is current, all I must download from post in Pieter's link is the one file under "Extra Fix Archive" correct?

And after extracting the download I just go thru each corresponding folder in game install (e.g. PROGRAM>BATTLE_INTERFACE) and copypaste the files from the fix. replacing the same-named?

The installer on ModDB is the current version. What you're missing is the post May 2018 updates - I thought someone had uploaded those to ModDB
@The Nameless Pirate put it there in March.
But outdated again by now, of course.

Forgive my noob questions but, to be clear, since installer and content archive is current, all I must download from post in Pieter's link is the one file under "Extra Fix Archive" correct?
Correct. :onya

And after extracting the download I just go thru each corresponding folder in game install (e.g. PROGRAM>BATTLE_INTERFACE) and copypaste the files from the fix. replacing the same-named?
You should be able to extract the whole ZIP archive on top of your game folder; and it'll automatically put the files in their correct folders.

Back