• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Loyalty issues

qualkonn

BioHaz
OK I have started a new game before few days and I have Jeremy Pit and Ogle as officer and their Loyalty bar is at the max now but on my last save I was about 56 level and their loyalty bars were below half . So my question is :
How to pick up and maintain loyalty with officers >?<

OK I have started a new game before few days and I have Jeremy Pit and Ogle as officer and their Loyalty bar is at the max now but on my last save I was about 56 level and their loyalty bars were below half . So my question is :
For the officers "uniques" (Pitt, Ogle, Musketeer, John Workman, Danielle Sheppard etc...) is a bug.
Is also the patch, in this forum, but I do not remember where... :shrug
Find with "Search"...

For the officers "uniques" (Pitt, Ogle, Musketeer, John Workman, Danielle Sheppard etc...) is a bug.
Is also the patch, in this forum, but I do not remember where... :shrug
Find with "Search"...

wich pach I am looking for and all so how to pick up loyalty to other officers ?

Really? It's a bug? I have awful loyalty with anyone at 'regular sailor' reputation or above so I sail with scoundrels, swindlers and sharks now and every single one of them is maximum loyalty (odd really as my personal reputation is always well above 60%?!)

As far as I've been able to tell though, the game punishes you for being warlike by making things like boarding/capturing/sinking any ships a 'bad' thing and therefore each time you do it there is a negative impact on the morale of anyone at 50%+ reputation. Contrarily these actions help to maintain loyalty with those officers at 50%- and also contribute a lot to maintaining a high crew morale (irrespective of player reputation I believe)

So compare the fact that you can only have high rep officers if you DON'T fight with the fact that your crew will regularly mutiny in the same situation... Also consider the fact that it is nigh on impossible to level up your character and his abilities if you survive solely on trading and you realise you're damned if you do and damned if you don't! If there's a patch that fixes officer loyalty so that they just stick with a captain who brings in a lot of gold then that makes sense (provided 'hero's still frown on the slave trade, sharks don't support trade missions and noone is happy with a captain who pillages his own nation) but personally I'm happy with my crew of cutthroats knowing that so long as I keep them in gold and rum they'll never stab me in the back ;)

Yes it is a bug and there is a fix some where. We have included it in CMV3.1.5 i believe in less it was released after the patch was released for CMV3.

Found the mod here you go bud. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16143-coas-mod-releasecoasloyaltymodzip/

Yes it is a bug and there is a fix some where. We have included it in CMV3.1.5 i believe in less it was released after the patch was released for CMV3.

Found the mod here you go bud. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16143-coas-mod-releasecoasloyaltymodzip/

Thenks man :onya :yes

No problems, i think it will require a new game but at least you won't have to worry about the loyalty problems any more. :onya

No problems, i think it will require a new game but at least you won't have to worry about the loyalty problems any more. :onya

Is this game really good enough to start over from the beginning just to solve loyalty problems or fix quest bugs? I've seen so many people in the forums say they've started over because of x and y but personally I just want to complete the game and put it away. I'm a big fan of the genre and have every similar game I can think of but this one is so bugged and unfocussed it's just not enough fun for me to want to do it again. If I started again it would be on the easiest setting with all the 'arcade' style gameplay options ticked and the debug menu as a permanent suppliment to the game. As it is I've had godmode enabled for the most part of playing this game as the level of combat difficulty and easy to fail quests just makes the game incredibly frustrating.

So much so that I don't think I'd ever restart it even on the easiest arcade settings unless I was doing so to play through one of the community made mods or plotlines on show here. Even before they're finished it's clear they've had a lot more time, effort and attention to detail put into them than CoAS which quite frankly isn't one game at all but several different storylines all thrown together without being completed, checked or even submitted to the laws of common sense. Usually when a game does badly it's because the designers wrote it badly or the developers coded it poorly but I think CoAS has actually managed to do both. Everything about it is standard at best with the majority being just plain poor. Throw in the fact that 90% of the game is a direct port of the previous title released how many years ago and they haven't even tried to better themselves.

I paid good money for this game so I'll be playing right through it and claiming completion but after that it'll be uninstalled and lost forever and quite honestly I have no idea why anyone would want to give this game a second chance unless they're playing with serious moddage. So you can patch it to fix one bug, what about the rest of them? Fact is this would be an 'acceptable' end result of an unfunded community project but when you look at it as a professional title they shouldn't have even released it. No wonder the companies responsible are going bust...

Don't restart, just get a better game!

Is this game really good enough to start over from the beginning just to solve loyalty problems or fix quest bugs? I've seen so many people in the forums say they've started over because of x and y but personally I just want to complete the game and put it away. I'm a big fan of the genre and have every similar game I can think of but this one is so bugged and unfocussed it's just not enough fun for me to want to do it again. If I started again it would be on the easiest setting with all the 'arcade' style gameplay options ticked and the debug menu as a permanent suppliment to the game. As it is I've had godmode enabled for the most part of playing this game as the level of combat difficulty and easy to fail quests just makes the game incredibly frustrating.

So much so that I don't think I'd ever restart it even on the easiest arcade settings unless I was doing so to play through one of the community made mods or plotlines on show here. Even before they're finished it's clear they've had a lot more time, effort and attention to detail put into them than CoAS which quite frankly isn't one game at all but several different storylines all thrown together without being completed, checked or even submitted to the laws of common sense. Usually when a game does badly it's because the designers wrote it badly or the developers coded it poorly but I think CoAS has actually managed to do both. Everything about it is standard at best with the majority being just plain poor. Throw in the fact that 90% of the game is a direct port of the previous title released how many years ago and they haven't even tried to better themselves.

I paid good money for this game so I'll be playing right through it and claiming completion but after that it'll be uninstalled and lost forever and quite honestly I have no idea why anyone would want to give this game a second chance unless they're playing with serious moddage. So you can patch it to fix one bug, what about the rest of them? Fact is this would be an 'acceptable' end result of an unfunded community project but when you look at it as a professional title they shouldn't have even released it. No wonder the companies responsible are going bust...

I agree with the majority of what you said, however do not forget that Akella is the only supplier of the genre here, you can`t find a similar nevermind a better game. :facepalm
Trust the modders, they will come up with new ideas and bug-fixes, and they recently acquired the storm engine for themselves which is a huge success and has great potential-after all we could develop and code our very own pirate tale here.;)

[do not forget that Akella is the only supplier of the genre here, you can`t find a similar nevermind a better game.

Makes you wonder why really doesn't it? They've given us some decent games in the past but never anything groundbreaking and their recent attempts have just been godawful! Why doesn't another company (preferably one using English as a first language :p) take on the genre and blow Akella out of the water?

I would ask old Sid Meiers to release another game but wht is there left for him to do? PIRATES was absolutely 100% but the trouble with this genre is that it's set where it's set and when it's set because if it was any different time or place everything would be different. A game like that may be the way forward but the Caribbean remains the best place for the genre imo. Though it pains me to say it, the only thing Sid missed from the latest release of PIRATES was quest diversity. Which is the only thing CoAS gots right ironically...

We're doomed really aren't we? lol

I also agree, Akella is as follows: or accept or kill.
Also the game is a mixture of gold and mud, of genius and neglect.
But in a mysterious way fascinates me.
I play the vanilla, and I saw that in fact the bugs are few and easily solvable.
I wonder why has not provided the Akella for patches: was little work and great gain of credibility.
I believe it is not problem of money, but of indolence.

And what of all of us who are making mods that further improve and add realism to the game. You want to play it and put it away once finished, i've read posts where people have installed mods and after trying them out hjave had a lot of fun and still do even today. In CMV3.1.5 there is so many things added and improved its hard to point them all out, new characters, ships cannon and culverine calibures is not just the mod. There have been fixes to quests, new good to buy and trade with, more realistic weights for the goods so you can't load up your ship and make a quick million in a single trip. Costs of upgrades increased, impact of those upgrades improved.

You can play the game as it is and do all the quests and put the game away and say that was boring, or you can do what everyone does and makes the game more interesting for yourself. House rules are becoming more and more frequent in games of today's genre's. In Rome Total War i have seen many people playing with house rules because the game would be too easy and quickly become boring. I use to fly a lot on Microsoft Flight Simulator X and even have a forum dedicated to that game, i haven't flown in a long time over 18 months maybe longer but it doesn't mean i won't fly again. We made it more fun by making sessions flying to airports that was challanging to land at and much more to increase the fun factor.

Every game becomes boring in the end, its what you do to make it more fun that will decide how long you play the game for. I will never capture a ship and sell it, if i capture a ship and keep it i will either put my old ship in storage or remove the crew and transfer the cargo over to my new ship and sink the old ship by removing the captain off it. I will never purchase cannons, i will simply use the cannons off a ship i have captured. I have only ever completed 2 quests (bluebird and kill edward low). I will do the random govener missions if i'm short of money or want to to improve my relations with a nation.

Of course its all up to you what happens when you have completed the game, and if you feel once the game has been completed it has nothing else to offer then as much as it will be a shame its normal. But i do suggest before you uninstall the game to try the game with some mods, i could say use CMV3.1.5 but although that offers big chanages there are single mods out there that will improve the game too. You could even make your own mod(s) its up to you but i think you'll miss out on what is becoming a better game all the time.

Necro Post... I know.

however I am having an issue with "Loyalty" of my officers.

I am an "Honest Captain" atm, I try to hire "good guys" as officers.

My "Trusted sailor" officers hate me, My "hero" officers hate me. My "Scoundrel" officers hate me.
They all hate me.

I just lost 2 captured ships because the officers that I put in charge of them "disappeared" before we got back to a port.

I hate wasting crew, officers and supplies on this. I may as well sink the darned ships if the officers I assign to them take off on me before we can get to a port.

UGH!

How do you increase loyalty in officers?

I know how you feel. I'm "hero" all my officers are good guys and loyalty wont go up no matter what (even harder now since enemy's don't surrender).

Luckily for me no one quit yet. Maybe bug in mod?

It is hard to mantain loyality of your officers if you did the Pieter Blood Storyline (among many disadvantages).

Back