• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Govener kill smugglers quest???

zengrath

Landlubber
Ok, these quests are driving me crazy. I've already failed once before because i have no idea what to do.

Govener gave me 1 day to find and kill smugglers. I've searched and talked to everyone in town, i've searched through all jungles, i've tried sailing in case they are on a ship but no luck. I've ran around jungles for hours hoping maybe smugglers will pop up or something... i really don't know what else to do, i've tried searching every house i could, some are locked...

Only thing i found was a smuggler in tavern, however he doesn't seem to be related to quest, when i talk to him my guy asks if smuggler can take me with him, and smuggler says absolutely not or whatever, that's it. I can't even draw a weapon in tavern to try and kil him, and i don't believe he leaves tavern so no way to wait for him to come out?

Can anyone tell me how to do the Governor find smugglers missions? if not I'm going to have to fail every time i get this one !

I've also tried google searching these forums and other sites and i couldn't find a single shred of anyone talking about this mission. I searched for anyone talking about governor missions, and how to do them..

Does anyone know any guides out there or threads where i can look up missions when I'm totally clueless like this one?

I really want to enjoy this game but I'm constantly getting quests/missions like this where i wander around in circles for hours trying every possible thing i can concieve only to have to reload an earlier save of fail. ... ugh.

i'm using the 3.1.5 mod btw.

:gday

This is very easy quest.ou have to go to store, buy one red item.I mean you can't sell them in store from trader and go to tavern.New text line pops up "I want to sell something".You go to that place which you talked with smuggler he said so go to that shore and walk around until you will find smugglers.Then talk to one of him and take second text "Governor case, I am commanded to arrest you" or smt.Then kill them and go back to Governor to take your reward.

:gday

This is very easy quest.ou have to go to store, buy one red item.I mean you can't sell them in store from trader and go to tavern.New text line pops up "I want to sell something".You go to that place which you talked with smuggler he said so go to that shore and walk around until you will find smugglers.Then talk to one of him and take second text "Governor case, I am commanded to arrest you" or smt.Then kill them and go back to Governor to take your reward.

Thank, you, i'll load up game and try it.

Am i only one who couldn't figure that out? i couldn't find anything online where someone else got stuck, or maybe other people just gave up and didn't bother asking... i wish more people would play this game!

EDIT: It worked. Now I'm doing a mission to track down kill a pirate.. can't figure it out yet, it says i need to talk to every ship i see, assuming that i would ask them if they seen pirate ship I'm looking for, only problem is i cant' figure out any way to interact with other ships i see other then "engaging" them....

How do you hail a ship in this game just to talk? Or is game text confusing and i should be looking elsewhere to track down pirates from governor missions.

I really really wish there was a darn guide somewhere that helped, very few people would want to play a game without any direction at all, i like a challenge but i also don't like wasting hours of time..

I'm hoping once i learn all these quests game will be fun, but it's a frustrating ride getting there!!

Hmmm, i think this is one of the more complicated of the governor's quests :)

After you take it, go out of town to the sea - but don't enter the map mode - and than just use "sail to" and go close to any of the ships you see. After you get close to the ship, just wait for a few moments - if it's pirate it will raise pirate flag and attack you and if it's not pirate just go to the next ship on the list. You can either sink it or board it, doesn't matter.

Here's another helpful hint. While still in the harbor, open the "sail to" tab and see what ships are there. Pick one and sail to. When you get close she will generally raise her black flag if sh'e the pirate you're after, but not always. Sometimes you have to board and find the Captain. If he is the pirate, he will admit it, tell you how stupid the governor is, and will issue you an ultimatum. You can join him or go with him as his hostage somewhere. OR....If you don't comply, he will run away and tell his crew to attack you. You will have to fight and kill his crew by yourself at that point and escape. Then you will fight the ship (ship to ship) and board. Once you take the ship, you can finally fight the Captain.

MK

Hi pirates!

I still cant get the smuggler to talk to me.. When buying a red item, do you mean a countraband or just a red item such like chili and paprika? I bought all those things at the shop but the smuggler keeps telling me that he is busy and that Ill have to come back a few days later..

"Red" item or items mean/s contraband-the only thing the Smugglers deal in. Hope this helps.

Back