• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

(Help) Find Danielle mission stuck

ParkAir24

Landlubber
I'm using the most recent build mod 14.
I have talked to the guy in the mines and my quest book says something about the guy in the mines will tell me everything about the tablets if i free him .but i should sail to san juan(or somewhere) to find out who made copies of the tablets. i go there and talk to the tavern owner and i don't get any option to talk about the tablets. And when i talk to everone near or in the mines they tell me to get back to work. and i can't talk to the mines commander. HELP!
(Also when i talk to tavern owners and ask about rumors my game crashes).
can someone please help me

Go to the mine - talk to the Mine Commandant in one of the houses first -- then go into the Mine --- The guy in the mine you should talk to is called Leborio Drago. :yes

You should free him - either talk to Mine Commandant in one of the Mine Houses & buy Leborio Drago's freedom - or lead a slave revolt to free the mine slaves.

Then sail to San Juan on Puerto Rico and talk to the tavernkeeper - I think you ask about business - then about man studying native languages - then ask about Danielle ( Quest Book should update) - when you exit tavern it should be night & you see 3 guys attacking Danielle - you fight them & Danielle talks to you.

If you get stuck check the walkthrough here--- >>> http://piratewiki.net/index.php?title=New_Horizons_Main_Quest

:ixi

Wasn't there an option in the stock game where you get kidnapped by slave drivers and have to escape the mine? If so, what ever happened to that one? I quite liked it.

That whole part is very touchy and needs to be done just so to work. For a long time I would kill the slavers and then talk to the Commandant and buy Drago.

Then it changed and now I am always captured and have to fight my way out of the mines. Save often and if one path does not work, try another.

the only thing i dislike in the mod is that the siege of bridgetown is deleted during the main quest, now we invade only by "ground" (but still fight from port :) )

but the "capture colony" made me forget it ;)

[out of subject edit : the mod touched much the boarding crew and now there is no difference between officer and soldier exept how they look of course, i think its a bug im searching where to check that, another detail is the town guards are too easy to kill]

Wasn't there an option in the stock game where you get kidnapped by slave drivers and have to escape the mine? If so, what ever happened to that one? I quite liked it.

Whether this happens or not depends on your Melee skill level and whether you have already done a certain side -quest or not :yes

From the walkthrough on the Wiki:-

Go to church – talk to priest Padre Domingues – give him the papers or Blackmail him - given access to Library – Quest Book Update.

Either

Sail to Bridgetown , Barbados. Go to Town Gate to Canyon

If Melee skill Less than 8 – Outside Town Gate – Auto-walk & talk to 3 men -( if you have already played the Smuggling for Thomas O’Reilly side-quest you will have killed these men so they may not appear here – go and talk to the mine commander )– Knocked out – Transported to Mine - Leborio Drago talks to you - Soldier talks to you – leaves – Mine Commandant arrives and talks to you ( choice to get out of Mine – buy freedom or lead slave revolt )

If Melee skill 8 or more - Outside Town Gate – Auto-walk & talk to 3 men Fight & kill them ( if you have already played the Smuggling for Thomas O’Reilly side-quest you will have killed these men so they may not appear here – go and talk to the mine commander )– go through canyon to mine ( have to fight bandits )

Mine on right – go to house on left – talk to Mine Commander – Quest Book Update – go into Mine – talk to Leborio Drago – pay for his release or help him escape (lead slave revolt )

OR Sail to Lighthouse Bay & go to mine from there – talk to Mine commandant – go into mine – talk to Leborio Drago – continues as above

Go back to ship

:ixi

the only thing i dislike in the mod is that the siege of bridgetown is deleted during the main quest, now we invade only by "ground" (but still fight from port :) )

but the "capture colony" made me forget it ;)

[out of subject edit : the mod touched much the boarding crew and now there is no difference between officer and soldier exept how they look of course, i think its a bug im searching where to check that, another detail is the town guards are too easy to kill]

I agree. I really liked the fortress siege by sea. In the stock game it was nearly impossible though and you could only win if you had four battleships. In reality, a fort would fall to a frigate or even a fleet of schooners. When the siege is added back in, perhaps it could be made more realistic and easier to win with smaller ships.

Back