• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hello all

ParakeetBeard

Landlubber
Ahoy mates! I'm ParakeetBeard, and it's a pleasure to meet you all.

I'm from India, and have always been fascinated by pirates ever since I was born. Alas, I never got to play any pirate games as a child, but hopefully now I'll get the chance to do so. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is one of my favorite films of all time.

Other interests include plushies, cartoons (MLP:FiM, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, etc.), animated movies, puzzle games, racing games, adventure games, simulations, drawing and writing.

I recently stumbled upon a couple of cool websites you can check out if you wish. The first one is Pirate Monkeyness, a site with an online pirate translator and some interesting pirate movie reviews. The second one is an interesting site about Blackbeard, but it's really old and as such, has fallen into disrepair, since most of the pictures are broken and some pages require selecting all the text to read them. Luckily, the pictures are intact in the Wayback Machine :D although most of the text still requires you to select all of it to read it.

Looking forward to meeting fellow sea dogs! :D

Ahoy there, @ParakeetBeard ! Welcome! You'll get a chance to play a pirates game, that it, Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm can't remember the link but it is still working as of now and compatible with the New Horizons mod:yes. (Although you may need to download an additional fix to solve a few issues but nothing that can't be done.) Hope to see you around the forum too!

Welcome aboard @ParakeetBeard! :cheers

I'm from India, and have always been fascinated by pirates ever since I was born. Alas, I never got to play any pirate games as a child, but hopefully now I'll get the chance to do so. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is one of my favorite films of all time.
Better late than never. ;)

If you want to try out New Horizons you can find all needed files here: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:13th January 2021]
Though Pirates of the Caribbean is a bit hard to find nowadays, so if you need help feel free to ask.

Seeing as you like CotBP, NH has a storyline that should interest you especially.
Namely Hoist the Colours, but all storylines are worthwhile to play.

The other Sea Dogs games are available on GOG (DRM-Free) and Steam.

I recently stumbled upon a couple of cool websites you can check out if you wish. The first one is Pirate Monkeyness, a site with an online pirate translator and some interesting pirate movie reviews. The second one is an interesting site about Blackbeard, but it's really old and as such, has fallen into disrepair, since most of the pictures are broken and some pages require selecting all the text to read them. Luckily, the pictures are intact in the Wayback Machine :D although most of the text still requires you to select all of it to read it.
Quite an old website the one about Blackbeard. Nice to see that it has been kept functional in the Wayback Machine.
Really cool tool that one.

Ahoy there @ParakeetBeard and welcome aboard the crew! :cheers

I never got to play any pirate games as a child, but hopefully now I'll get the chance to do so.
Never too late! :onya

animated movies
Which ones do you like?
My favourite is slightly obscure (Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire).
But very cool, its scriptwriter sent me a Facebook friend request; and later also a signed poster! :bow

puzzle games, racing games, adventure games
Good taste!
I had plenty racing fun with LEGO Racers (hilaaaarious to play in split-screen multiplayer) and Need for Speed: Porsche.
One day I played against my father on the network and somehow we BOTH won!! :rofl

And puzzle+adventure works wonders together.
Bring in the Indiana Jones! :woot

drawing and writing.
Oooh, VERY cool!
Anything you made that you'd like to share?

Back