• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hearts of Oak Notification Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
For everybody's information, I have created a PM Notification Thread (named "Hearts of oak: Conquest of the Seas Team") that we will use to communicate
the most important news on this game's development to everybody who has indicated being interested in contributing to it in any way.
If you were not invited for this and would like to be a part of it, please say so here.

The advantage of using a PM thread is that people will receive an e-mail notification if anything is posted in it.
To prevent this from clogging up people's inboxes, please DO NOT REPLY TO IT!
Any comments you may have can be posted here on the forums.

I'd like to be included. Just in the process of reading up on all the threads and preparing my introduction post in the recruitment thread.

I would like to be included as well, I plan on making a large number of ships for this game, so it would be nice to be kept up to date ( I probably will anyways just by reading the forums, but in case I miss something)

Sign me up guys! I am always watching the threads for the latest on HoOCOTS and would like to always be up to date.

Done! Of course if you keep up with the forum, you shouldn't really miss anything. But you never do know, eh?

You're added to the thread now. :doff

Of course, to actually be involved, post on the remainder of the HoO forum and see what you can do! :doff

Of course!

---------------

Just to check... Are people receiving notification messages for the posts have recently made in the Notification Thread? I just want to make sure the concept is working. :doff

Thanks very much; that should be proof enough. :onya

So do people find it useful? I have tried to post the important things, but nothing else.

This list should probably be e-mailed to once a week or something with progress updates, notifications of impending deadlines new features, etc. If someone could do a "weekly digest" or something that would be prime.

Hmm... I wasn't intending to have deliberate periodic updates; only posts when there's something to say or ask.
But if we DO have something to say every week, that would be good for sure.

It would also be nice to have some correspondence between the the different teams indicating what needs to get done during a certain time frame, say every week or so. People won't necessarily see every post of that nature in a dedicated thread. People would then reply all with whatever tasks they decide to take on, to avoid redundant work.

I already have a preliminary list of weapons that will fit the general 1730 to Napoleonic timeframe which should be distributed. If we don't want to go that rout, I'll post a new thread.

That sounds particularly useful for lists of things that need making, like the weapons, as well as where help is wanted if people want to cooperate on certain tasks.
As you say, we can't expect everyone to read every thread on a regular basis.

I posted in the list of development roles thread- I could coordinate that part of the process (Modeling Coordinator?), since I have a mental list of what we'll need in order to get the weapons and clothing moving in an accurate direction. I have a list of seaman's clothing that will also work for almost the entire era.

Be so kind as to add me as well if you will Pieter!

Thanks,

I've been gone for a few months, so I can see I either fell out of the thread, or was removed. Does it still exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back