• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hearts of Oak News Update

@Shockwave I don't believe you will see that about the OGRE engine as well since everything else except the rendering capabilities are combined out of others like BULLET physics and so on. It's already custom-made for us maybe upgraded over time but I think the coders would need to look at that.

What I think would be fun is to have no loading screens/areas while on your ship at sea, so you can go into your cabin, the brigg, crew quarters, cargo, etc during sailing and time/ship wont freeze or pause during sailing like it does in the sea dogs/AOP games, but rather a realistic experience, so if I wanted I could sit in my cabin all day when sailing playing mini games with crew members such as cards to pass the time, I think that would be really good for those who play "iron man mode" or even during a battle and actually seeing what was going on outside real time through the windows and having the ship shake while inside and so on.
The ships are being modelled with full interiors, so you can explore them at will while sailing. ;)

News about engine was an expected one. This kind of game requires quite a specific engine with a lot of features which need a LOT OF R&D. So I think we'ill see the same message about CryEngine and OGRE in the nearest future.
I used the term "evaluating" this time to explain what we're doing with the engines. We haven't "committed" to either engine yet; perhaps doing so for the UDK was a little premature in hindsight, but I think we can say we've learnt our lesson on that. We will conduct a LOT of tests to ensure we get the right engine eventually.

Oh meu deus! I can't believe this!!! It looks so great!!
So excited right now, i just hope you guys make it as smooth as Pirates of the Caribean, and at least equal in graphics.
Set sail, lads!

Back