• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Heap Corruption, Random Crashes

Didn't SuperDurnius make it, back in the days??
I have no idea; I never heard anything about it. :shrug

I was just thinking it might be nice to have something a) of a higher resolution (support for larger icons in Win7/Vista) and b) which represents the mod in some way.
Maybe something like a screenshot of the Black Pearl in-game? It represents both PotC and the higher standards introduced by the mod, so is symbolic in that sense.

amplificar, fantastic work mate!

You have no idea just how many people we have tried to help with this specific problem over the years! This has been an issue since the game was first released, and it took us quite a while just to find the Swiftshader workaround. Thanks to your efforts, there will now be a whole lot of people who will never even have to know that this was ever anything more than a minor issue, even if it is never completely perfected beyond what it is today. I can't even begin to express our gratitude mate, thanks! :dance

I was just thinking it might be nice to have something a) of a higher resolution (support for larger icons in Win7/Vista) and b) which represents the mod in some way.
Maybe something like a screenshot of the Black Pearl in-game? It represents both PotC and the higher standards introduced by the mod, so is symbolic in that sense.
Screenshot seems a bit weird for an icon to me. On all regular icon sizes, you probably wouldn't be able to see what it is either... Should it not be a logo of some kind?

Hi all,

just thought ill let you know, i got this for my laptop which has the intel hd graphics, i got PoTC a few days ago and encountered the crashing looked through these forums and found this thread, patched it up and now the game workes great 1 bug i have found is when you talk to the shop keeper it freezes for about 5 seconds then carries on as normal.

just want to say a big thank you to amplificar :D

Hope this isnt considered a double post as I mentioned this in a side note on another post I made but thought I should mention it here where people working on this patch would be more likely to see it.

The modded battleinterface file removed the names of locations in the sail to menu in my build 13 update 4 version of Potc. I checked it 4 times by swapping it with the original file and it did the same thing every time. Not sure if that matters for your work on build 14 as it sounds like theres a new sail to menu but thought you might like to know.

I reinstalled the original file and everythings fine. I would leave it but I dont have to many memory overload crashes and as me and the french arnt exactly drinking buddies, but i do alot of trade with the spanish and dutch who they share a few islands with, Id hate to pull into the wrong port with the wind against me.

The modded sea.dll file however works beautifully with build 13 and has greatly reduced the number of ctd's Ive had entering ports or open sea.

[Edit] Removed my mention of said "bug" in other post lest I be branded a double posting pirate and hunted across the forum seas by admin admirals and scalywags alike.

My original post was in reference to the very 1st bypass amplificar posted in his original post. I just tried out the second and the "EU" versions and got the the same result with the EU version. But with the second version he posted, the names of sail to locations are working. Again Im using build 13 update 4.

I never use "sail to" so never noticed this. But there has been a steady stream of players saying that they can not "sail to" some place. We just thought that they were playing in realistic mode where that is disabled and told them to switch to arcade mode. Maybe they were already in arcade mode?

I think The Caribbean Fox was only saying that the text on the menu is missing; not that it isn't working altogether...

Yeah sail to works fine, its just the name of the location that was missing. I play in realistic sailing mode but in build 13 it still allows you to sail to ports and forts.

[EDIT] I reinstalled after messing with the files just to be sure I had a clean install and it turns out I was running the original storm engine though the rest of the mod seemed to have loaded fine as far as I can tell. I now have a new splash screen with the mod "logo" and storm engine 2 in the upper left corner. However I retested all three patches and got the same results. The two EU_BI_bypassFDC0 files eliminate the sail to location text above the location icon but the sail to function still works while the BI_bypassFDC0 file seems not to mess with anything, aside from resetting all the enemies in the maltice abbey when I loaded my save there, but all of them did that including replacing the original. Just when I thought I was safe :facepalm

Back