• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Have you Preordered PR3 [Poll]

Have you Pre-Ordered PR3

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, but going to buy it.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, passing this by

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
Ok everyone, I think I'll be spending a fair bit of the weekend on Port Royale, anyones also doing this?

Yup! Transferring the front page articles will just have to wait...
pirate_whistling.gif

Just lurking ove the official forum, they are getting a bit of a bashing with the steam version not being able to play.

Also a funny thread about a map not being included as well. I must say some of the Kalypso staff aren't really handling their customers too well.

Apparently no modding allowed as well :( No slaves for anyone now...

Disappointing news to be sure, I knew there would be problems with Steam version, there is always problems with Steam!

Just because modding isn't officially supported or even intended doesn't mean it wont be possible, it sure wouldn't be the first time we have shown a developer how there game should have been made!

I haven't had a chance to download it yet or look over their forums, but i will dig in to both soon!

I wish i knew it was trade or go broke, i wouldn't have bought the game, i mean, i loved being a pirate in other games, but it seems like this game is just a 'trade or go broke' type of game.

The thing that is disappointing is that the missions that you can get involve buying goods and selling them at the town they say for x amount of gold, the problem here is that for some odd reason, i might buy items for 60 gold each and sell for 200 gold each and i still lose money and its really put me off, i HATE trading and there should be an alternative, both Campaigns require you to trade to stay afloat and that is a HUGE mistake.

Ahoy JamieK, welcome aboard mate! :dance

There is a lot more to this game than just trading, there are also a ton of quests to complete, and a bunch of pirates to hunt, ports to plunder and of course there is multiplayer. Trading is the best way to to build yourself up, once you get built up and get your trade routes setup, they pretty much run themselves with just occasional adjustments. If all you are getting out of this game is trading, you are missing the biggest part.

Well, i fail those missions because:

1: When i need to find someone near a town....that town is not on my map, so i have to find it....mission failed, what they need to add for this to be not so much of a problem is to add the town to the map or a circle in the general area where the town is.

2: The rest of the missions are trading and i fail at that because i fail at trading, severely and i honestly have no liking of it.

3: Pirate hunting is totally random and i was able to plunder a town once, all 4 ships were severely damaged, i plundered around 40,000 gold and i went back to repair and guess what my repair bill was? 50,000 gold, not really profitable there.

In the end, 90% of this game is pure trading and the sad thing is, is that you might be able to make profit via plundering enemy towns and convoys, but you have to be quite wealthy to get a decently armed convoy to make the plundering possible and worth the repair cost, but so far, its either trade to get your balance up or go broke.

Also, when it comes to multiplayer, i don't do that, since 9/10, they have millions before i even get 100,000, IF i am extremely lucky, also, players tend to rush to win, instead of enjoying the game itself....unless thats a Starcraft 2 style gameplay thing.

Back