• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Have ingredients and money, but can't get apothecary treatement

Should the apothecary still use personal wealth?

• Yes, else its to easy to get

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, raising the price will make this a more intresting option for different playstyles

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, and the price shouldn't be raised too

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
I have over 300,000 gold, and all the apothecary required ingredients, but when I ask him for the treatment, and he tells me it will take a night and 9,000 coins, my only dialogue option is to say "considering the time and expense" that I refuse the treatment. I have tried at other times of day to no avail.

I attached a saved game, not sure what is going on. Is there some other requirement I am missing? It seems odd that it is my player saying he cannot afford it, when he can.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados.rar
    576.7 KB · Views: 400
How did you find those items? I have found only turpeth. Which is the easy way to find that items? And maybe the dialog is wrong and you need more money

And how does personal wealth works? I mean is it based on a percentage of the crew money or it works depending on your level?

On salary, you get paid a bit yourself too.
With Divide the Plunder, you get a share of the Loot.
If you get a navy rank as Privateer, you'll get wealth each day from the estate you're awarded.

Ah, I see. The personal wealth issue must explain it, we can close it as a bug report then. :)

Uploading a personal modification I made for myself (uploading in case anyone else has similar preferences, not suggesting it be implemented generally in the build)

Changes: Apothecary switched from personal wealth to normal money, cost raised to 100,000 per use, hit points gained reduced to 10, hit points gained equalized for officers and player.

Just uploading for people with similar preferences regarding restricting HP increases and treating the player wealth as a retirement fund. :)

Attachments

• apothecary_dialog.c
    9.6 KB · Views: 205
If nobody objects, we could add that to the mod.

Main reason for making it use wealth was to make it not too easy for players to make use of it.
But the high price and the rarity of the required items may be enough to accomplish that goal.

I think this is okay. If you work with salary it's pretty hard to get much personal wealth....

any more people wanna vote on the poll?

I don't mind one way or another.

Even though it was probably me who had the idea to make it use Wealth back in the days, it is indeed quite odd to use Wealth for absolutely nothing, except this (and possibly Blacksmith repairs).
And distinguishing between "personal and ship/crew" purchases is a can of worms that we probably don't want to open.
So maybe better to change it to use regular money.

I would like to applaud the efforts at rebalancing some aspects of the game. For the most part I think they are a plus. I do not thing the changes in the upgrades at the apothecary are an improvement. If I understand it correctly the maximum HP can you can get was reduced for somewhere around 20 to 10 and the cost was increased from around 20,000 to 100,000 in gold. 100,000 for 10 points. IMO spending that much gold for that few points just doesn't make any sense from a game play sense. The cost of the upgrade has from 1 per point to 10.

So now we have these rare objects that we collect that have no practical use and can't be sold.

This is worth another look.

I can't remember what @Tingyun did with that now....

But there is not supposed to be a maximum HP; that much I do know. So you should be able to keep repeating it and get higher numbers.

Wasn't one of the changes to NOT have this paid out of "personal wealth" anymore?

I can't remember what @Tingyun did with that now....

But there is not supposed to be a maximum HP; that much I do know. So you should be able to keep repeating it and get higher numbers.

Wasn't one of the changes to NOT have this paid out of "personal wealth" anymore?

I have never paid for it out of personal wealth always out of crew money.

For me trying even once at 100,000 is out of the question. Never mind repeating.

One thing I do remember regarding the rebalancing to make the Apothecary more worth its while is that virtually all other ways to get a HP bonus removed.

Back