• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Have I found the best swords in game?

What would you choose?

• Morgan's rapier [ 18/65 ] - Light weapon

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Katana [ 35/80 ] - Medium weapon

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Tanat [ 28/100 ] - Heavy weapon

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Poleaxe [ 35/120 ] - Heavy weapon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
V

Valium

I started to continue my game [ AoP2 + GOF 2.0 ] and I did the whole nation quest of England.

I've received a few interesting weapons which I'd never met before, that's why I begin to wonder if they could be the best. One of them is probably not ( and I'm talking about Heavy Class weapons ). Why I think so?
Because once I met the guy near pyramide who had got a huge weapon. It was impossible to kill him but his weapon was so murderous ( one hit kills me every time, there was no any option to defend against it ).

Ok, let's look what I have:

1. Light weapon:
- Morgan's rapier [ 18/65 ]
I noticed this rapier appears only once - when you do british quests. I received it as a reward after finish of 7th mission, that was 'attacking Santiago'. Never meet it again.

2. Medium weapon:
- Katana [ 35/80 ]
That's the best weapon of this class I have in my equip. Since I found it ( don't remember where ), that was my favorite weapon. Today, I decided to take Morgan's rapier.

Good weapon, looks interesting, although it's really long and looks strange a bit.
I don't remember how I found it. I suspect it was because of doing one of riddles.

3. Heavy weapon:
- Tanat [ 28/100 ]
So interesting weapon but I've never used it because later I found a better sword ( below ).
Looks cool but it's really long, like katana.

Anyway, I found it once and when I was doing 8th mission ( Defending Jamaica ), it was in captain's cabin in one of a few spanish warships. So I have 2 copies. There's information there're only a few copies in game.

Similar to Katana. I got 2 copies.

- Poleaxe [ 35/120 ]
Yes, that's it. I found Tanat and some time ago something better. Honestly, I don't like heavy swords so I was using katana.

Looks like bigger axe.
I got only one copy.

So:
- LW: Morgan's rapier (1)
- MW: Katana (2)
- HW: Tanat (2), Poleaxe (1)

Now, tell me if something better exists and how to find it.

Do you know if it's possible to find somewhere this huge weapon of Indian warrior which kills by one hit?
It looked like machete.

I started to continue my game [ AoP2 + GOF 2.0 ] and I did the whole nation quest of England.

I've received a few interesting weapons which I'd never met before, that's why I begin to wonder if they could be the best. One of them is probably not ( and I'm talking about Heavy Class weapons ). Why I think so?
Because once I met the guy near pyramide who had got a huge weapon. It was impossible to kill him but his weapon was so murderous ( one hit kills me every time, there was no any option to defend against it ).

Ok, let's look what I have:

1. Light weapon:
- Morgan's rapier [ 18/65 ]
I noticed this rapier appears only once - when you do british quests. I received it as a reward after finish of 7th mission, that was 'attacking Santiago'. Never meet it again.

2. Medium weapon:
- Katana [ 35/80 ]
That's the best weapon of this class I have in my equip. Since I found it ( don't remember where ), that was my favorite weapon. Today, I decided to take Morgan's rapier.

Good weapon, looks interesting, although it's really long and looks strange a bit.
I don't remember how I found it. I suspect it was because of doing one of riddles.

3. Heavy weapon:
- Tanat [ 28/100 ]
So interesting weapon but I've never used it because later I found a better sword ( below ).
Looks cool but it's really long, like katana.

Anyway, I found it once and when I was doing 8th mission ( Defending Jamaica ), it was in captain's cabin in one of a few spanish warships. So I have 2 copies. There's information there're only a few copies in game.

Similar to Katana. I got 2 copies.

- Poleaxe [ 35/120 ]
Yes, that's it. I found Tanat and some time ago something better. Honestly, I don't like heavy swords so I was using katana.

Looks like bigger axe.
I got only one copy.

So:
- LW: Morgan's rapier (1)
- MW: Katana (2)
- HW: Tanat (2), Poleaxe (1)

Now, tell me if something better exists and how to find it.

Do you know if it's possible to find somewhere this huge weapon of Indian warrior which kills by one hit?
It looked like machete.

That Indian sword is called the Maquahuitl, and you can get it by finishing the Tenochtitlan quest.

Here's the walkthrough for the quest:

Tenochtitlan Quest - Skodarap's COAS site

I also prefer the Morgan's Rapier.

You can get it from 7th English Quest from the Whole Quest line
OR
Go to CoAS and find it underwater. I got both so I decided to give it to my most trusted Jeremy Pitt as all my fighters already have Tanats and Poleaxes.

On the other hand, my brother prefers the Haudegen(it appears as a Katana ONLY in GOF mod).

Damsie64

Reactions: fjx
Back