• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

GTA IV

Stallion

Sea Dog
Public Relations
Yes, I know the newest GTA has been out for, what - a year plus? Silly me, assuming all was still well and normal with Rockstar, went and bought a copy without investigating it first. My recommendation: if you haven't yet bought it and intend to, DON'T.

It harbors a particularly psychopathic version of the lovely SecuROM, and requires you to register online for this, that, and the other thing before the game will even start. Also, unless you're logged in to your Windows Live account (which, by the way, is one of the many things you'll be signing up for if ya ain't got one), you CANNOT save during single player sessions!! WTF?!

Bugs - well, the whole game seems to be one! Constant crashes, even after downloading the - what - five patches. It runs like crud, too.

Let's just say I don't much like it. xD:

This seems to becoming more of a tactic by computer game company's. I just don't get it. It's exactly this kind of tactic that will make people look elsewhere for games and software. Why would anyone pay money for something that is going to make you jump through hoops just to get the game or program to even work, when you can just download a pirated copy with all that crap already crippled so you don't have to deal with it. "They are already pirating our software, so lets piss off people who actually pay us money by making them do all kinds of stupid things just to make our programs work" The stupidity of corporate thinking never ceases to amaze me!

Actually i do both... download a pirate copy, if i like the game, i buy it... Just like with music... radio hits (just like demo versions) are often the only worthy/catchy song in the album, the rest is crap...
As i became older (i'm 30 now) i've started noticing this outrageous, disencouraging tendencie among media developers of all kinds... (Samuel Jackson in Deep Blue Sea is another example)... i remember seen Jackson devoured by a shark at less than 15 minutes the movie had started, i standed and left the cinema... cursing outloud of course xD:
i'm just not taken by fool anymore... my bucks go to those who earned them...

Please notice that i'm not defending piracy, it's just my way to don`t get pwned

i standed and left the cinema... cursing outloud of course xD:

I'd pay to see that. xD: :onya Nobody ever does that here - they started searching the two bags I had with me last time I went to see a movie in case I was hiding a camcorder, I guess. I told them to go eff themselves and give me my money back. :cheeky

Back