• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Greetings from new member!! ^^

Yarf

Landlubber
Well, I wanted to say hello to the PiratesAhoy Community. I'm a new registered member here, although I followed your developments with interest for the past 4 years. Don't have much talent with modelling (well, I tried, but when I see what you guys accomplished, I just feel like a greenhorn. I understand that you are dedicated to your new project «Hearts of Oak». I think it's just awesome, and I wish you the best for the future. Not being used to CryEngine, I'm still trying to mod AoP2 (not AoP3 since I don't understand Russian:().
I played «Pirates!» on C64 (yeah, I'm getting old) and Amiga, and since then, I'm a big fan of this historical period. Well, allright, my question is... Is there still something going on AoP2? Or are you just dedicated to your new project? I don't think I'm good enough to help you on «Hearts of Oak», 'cause I'm still building up my knowledge on AoP. (Well, that is, creating locations, dialogs, quests, retranslating and playing with new characters). Anyway, thanks to all of you (and the former modders) for all I learned. And sorry for my not-too-good english, 'cause I'm french. Anyway, just let me know if I can be of use, although I guess you'll be more of use to me.
Anyway,I just wanted to greet the PA community, and thank you again for all you've accomplished.
And again sorry, but I didn't see a thread for new members.
Well, maybe that thread could be used by new members to introduce themselves? :p

By the way, feel free to obliterate this thread if it's getting in the way. :fiddle

:ahoymate!

Things are pretty slow in the COAS forum right now although there is one member doing a big load of work on his own right now. I bet he would appreciate any help you can give him. The best way to learn is by doing.

I played Pirates! on C64 too! Oh, and most new members introduce themselves by asking for help with a problem, so you are a refreshing change. :cheers

It doesn't matter if you don't know anything about modelling or anything. I started without any knowledge of CryEngine and I'm now working on the ingame island for HoO. What I'm saying is if you are willing to learn, you can. There are tons of talented people who can help you out. And one day you'll become a skilled modeller or the role you prefer.

Welcome mate ;)

Welcome to the forum! Indeed ability and knowledge is no requirement for anyone here.
As long as you are willing to contribute and learn, you'll be doing amazing stuff in no time! :cheers

Haha!Thank you for your warm welcome. Yeah, I'm really wanting to contribute, even with my poor knowledge.
Sorry for answering so late, but I downloaded Cryengine SDK, and played a bit with it. That's really an incredible engine (I almost shed tears when looking demos of games being made with it), and I'll probably take some time to understand how it works. Anyway, since I'm not too good in a particular specialty, I was wondering what you guys needed the most for your amazing project (HoO). I've got plenty of time, and am willing to learn. So would you need characters modellers, or architecture, rigging, texturing, mmmh... Don't really know how I could really be of use... I just want to help, 'cause I think your project is really great. Well, I'm still playing with AoP 'cause I really love that game, but if you need me somewhere,I'll do my best to help you.
Argh! Really sorry for my english... I didn't practice for a while...
Anyway, keep it up guys! You'll do wonders, I'm sure!

Ask in the HOO forum but methinks character modelers are needed.

Or actually anything that floats your boat.

Back