• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Governors Harbor merchant will not take cargo

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
What the title says. Fox Ratter will not take my cargo that I carried to him from another merchant, so I can not complete that merchant mission.
This has been a problem for years but before he would always eventually accept the cargo. This time he will not. I tried dozens of attempts, reloading from old saves, and going back to the last port. Nothing works.

Well, it is a consistent bug, except this time he never broke down and accepted the cargo. I eventually gave up, deleted all the saves back to the last port and got another cargo assignment.

Actually, do you not have a savegame where you are trying to give the cargo to the guy?
We would probably need that to track this down. I'd like to check the player attributes on that one.

At Governors Harbor on Eluthera the merchant Fox Ratter will not accept goods from a trade mission. This has been an ongoing problem for years and is still not fixed.

Attachments

• compile.log
    11.9 KB · Views: 104
  • system.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 107
Do you have a savegame just prior to delivering the cargo to him? That should allow me to give it a quick check to see what is going on.

Did you notice that the Quest Book says you have to deliver Leather to him, but you do not have any Leather in your Cargo Hold?
When I sold all your cargo, then purchased Leather from Fox Ratter himself, I was able to deliver the cargo to him just fine.
So there appears to be nothing wrong on this end.

So when you originally got the quest, did the other store owner say it was Leather that should be delivered or did he say something else?
And if he did say Leather, did you actually get that in your Cargo Hold or did you somehow get something else?

So if there indeed is an actual bug, it would have to occur when the quest is generated.
A mismatch between what is said, logged in the Quest Book and is put in your cargo hold.
But I have no way of checking if that even happened.

Ok, here is the full story.

It is early in the game and I am in the stock Lugger. The merchant quest is to deliver 200cwt of leather to Governors Harbor and I have 205cwt of leather. On the way I come across a large battle and capture a Light Fluyt of War! This is a major prize for so early in the game. Then I continue to Governors Harbor and Fox Ratter.

So with the save I provided you are going into the store with the Fluyt as your ship and the Lugger with the leather as your 2nd ship. I just tried it again and switched ships so the Lugger with the leather is my ship and it still does not work.

Extract attached to PROGRAM\DIALOGS . Turns out there was an ancient fix by @Hook that didn't actually make it into Fox Ratter's dialog file for some reason. :facepalm

Attachments

• Fox Ratter_dialog.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 85
That did it!

Now which game to play as I now have 2 installs with the same game going. :nerbz

Is this fix part of the latest patch? I ask because I got a trade mission to Governors Harbor and Fox Ratter will not accept my cargo.

Nevermind. Somehow on a completely uneventful voyage where nothing happened, some cargo got lost.

Back