• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

golden bug questline help.

kristi4ever

First Mate
Hello guys. Please can somebody show me the full walkthrough of goldenbug questline ?? I'm stuck at chinatown I don't know where to get the firepower. The bartender has no dialog file.. :/

I'm sorry but the quest is not finished at all. You can't get any longer at the moment.
The walkthrough is not written.:type1

Jack, would you mind telling me how I get through the "washing the paper" at the beginning of the storyline again?
I think I got it all cleaned up and seem to remember I have to heat up the furnace now so I can look at my handiwork.
However, I can't get the fire going again. The tinderbox doesn't seem to be doing anything anymore. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Also, Pirate J would like to tell you that he really enjoys your storylines and I agree with them: they're tremendously fun and well done.
I just wished I had the time to play them properly! :cheers

Out of curiosity, do you still have a lot of work to do on the Gold-Bug storyline? I am wondering when we might get Beta 3 ready for release and if we can or can not include it in there.
Your storyline would be a pretty big feature to put in the release article. I always like putting in screenshots of "never before seen things" and you excel at adding those. :cheeky

If you have placed the parchment in the waterfilled cauldron:

Check the fireplace, if the wood is black you'll need the tinderbox.
If it's red (glowing) it will be enough with more oxygen from the foot plank.

At the fireplace:
Pistol items (like the tinderbox): F3 + fire pistol
Blade items: F3 + F3

The damper should be vertical for max heat. If horizontal (closed) the tinderbox will not work.
This + 2 steps on the air pedal gives max heat.

After max fire stop the fire by closing the damper and pick up the parchment.
Just ask again if it's not behaving like it should. :yes

Good to hear you like my stories Pirate J. :onya

No I'm sorry Pieter it will take time to finish this. I have used a year already. Say half a year more. :xmas

Fire pistol, eh? I think that's what I was doing wrong. :facepalm

No I'm sorry Pieter it will take time to finish this. I have used a year already. Say half a year more. :xmas
Good to know. Oh well, we'll have plenty to do in the meantime. :doff

Just so you know, Jack, I've made a note on my To-Do list to disable the Gold-Bug storyline for the real public release of Beta 3.
I'll make sure to write the installer to even do so on existing installations. :doff

Thanks for that Pieter. :onya
Maybe I uploaded too soon but I got so tired of merging I uploaded
all I got at that moment.

Maybe I uploaded too soon but I got so tired of merging I uploaded
all I got at that moment.
It is never too soon to share stuff. Big, BIG problems occur when stuff isn't merged early.
My merging of Pirate_KK's code is the biggest proof of that. Plus it allowed me to figure out some stuff to help you, no? :doff

Plus it allowed me to figure out some stuff to help you, no? :doff
Indeed it did. Anyway I have fixed a new and ok walk_patch for Cartagena.
Bartolomeu's got it.

Got this error during boarding in the Assassin storyline:
Code:
WARNING!!! Item id = cartridges not implemented
WARNING!!! Item id = cartridges not implemented
Seems to be generated by the TakeNItems function.
Have you got any idea why the game would be trying to execute TakeNItems on the "cartridges" in the first place?

Worse still, the above was the LAST entry in compile.log, right before my game crashed during that boarding operation.
Could this possibly be the cause of the crash? I'm not sure, but I am sure it'd be better if it couldn't happen. o_O

1. If you check in the very beginning of ex. itemsbox.c you find:
TakenItems(pch, "cartridges", 1); TakenItems(pch, "cartridges", -1);
which is my work around to get rid of ghost ammo that started to show up
many years ago.

2. In initItems the cartridges are only 'defined' when woodesrogers or goldbug is on.
There are more such places as 1.

If this is the reason for a crash I can't say.

What to do? Maybe add
if(sti(GetStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "WR_PUZZLES")) > 0 || sti(GetStorylineVar(FindCurrentStoryline(), "BUG_PUZZLES")) > 0)
everywhere cartridges are mentioned? :confused:

Indeed that must be it! To be fair, I doubt that was the reason for the crash.
But I've added that if-statement like you suggested; should at least help preventing weird error.log entries.
Thanks a lot. :doff

Good, I have now installed the latest beta3 etc etc. The GoldBug is still enabled, but it's not so important.
I really like the brown dialog interface. :onya
Wish we could have something as clean and nice for the blue interface too.
I almost consider to switch to the brown because of this.

Back