• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help GOF no damage by cannons

DreadX

Landlubber
So i have GOF 2.1.4 and I have noticed since I started to play that my cannons or enemies cannons do do much damage. I mean I have a Line Frigate now with 20 caliber culverins and I can't kill a sloop without like 1500 or more cannonballs.
Can I somehow modify the game or maybe there is a mod for more damage and maybe faster reloads.
I mean its ridiculous, a fort can't kill a sloop, not to mention frigates or battleships.

Yes there is some imbalance in the damage code as crew dies immediately while the ship is very hard to sink. I just shoot the sails out and board before I lose too many crew members.

This is supposed to represent the historical truth that battles lasted for hours and ships were rarely sunk in combat.

Last edited:
Even tho it might be real, it really messes up the fun factor of the game. I mean its very nice to sink ship by cannons, if you remove that it automatically makes game less fun. So I propose an option to chose between real or fun damage :)

If I recall, Luke added a toggle on the damage values somewhere.

Indeed he did. It is here in the mod options. These options often do not stick and it reverts to GOF default unless you make your choices, select full reinit, and then ok.

start 2015-02-03 08-30-05-28.jpg

Indeed he did. It is here in the mod options. These options often do not stick and it reverts to GOF default unless you make your choices, select full reinit, and then ok.

View attachment 20100

its OK, but what do the crew do not die very quickly from the cannonball? can i edit somehow, i wanna kill enemy crew with graepshots, not with cannonballs. (sorry for my bad english)
tnx any help.

Back