• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF - HD Longboats (v1.0)

TheBlackKnight

Corsaire Flibustier
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
This is simple but direct mod for game graphics improvement.

The mod replaces all primary longboats used in the game with HD textured versions for historical authenticity.

It also replaces the port longboat with crew with substantially improved detail for crew, boat, weapons, and items.

These texture files are also widely used in individual ship models, but you will have to do these replacements manually.
I use several of these for the USS Constitution and HMS Surprise.

If you are using GOF Eras, you will also need to download the gm model file, named boat.gm in the mod directory to replace the existing model which is a small sailing dinghy in resources/models/boat, if you want to use the model as shown in the photos.
My model was rescaled for "life size" in comparison to the rest of the world characters.

In the future, I may upload my even HIGHER quality version of the crew longboat which breaks the boat apart from the crew, weapons, and items into individual pieces (~150 MB).
This version includes animations for the crew characters and makes the whole scene lifelike, but at a performance cost...

DOWNLOAD LINK:
TheBlackKnight CoAS Mods - 9 HD Longboats (v1.0) (All GOF Mods)
(See Download Link at top of the PA! Webpage)

Each longboat texture file is ~21 MB in size.
boa1.tga.tx is used for the crew longboat
boat.tga.tx is used for general ship models
baat.tga.tx is used for general ship models

INSTALLATION:
1) Prepare for backup! Store your original files in a safe place!
2) Download all the tga.tx files (boa1, baat, boat) and replace the existing files in the textures directory.

Individual ships that use these textures must be replaced manually if you want the upgrade if the ship model that does not already link through the main texture directory.

Low quality reference images:

HD Longboat Crew.jpg

HD Longboat - Boat.jpg

HD Longboat 2 - Baat.jpg

Last edited:
I will happily be looking into this.

EDIT: Ayup! It looks great in game as expected. The ship in the background has also had its boat upgraded.:cheers

start 2014-04-04 12-22-16-29.jpg

Last edited:
Back