• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF - HD Fonts (v1.0)

TheBlackKnight

Corsaire Flibustier
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
All,

I have released this portion of the HD GUI Mod separately as some people may not want all the changes, or just change individual portions.
The other reason is quite simple, the HD GUI Mod has become VERY LARGE (>1 GB) when it finally released for public download.

BACKGROUND:

This mod upgrades all fonts in CoAS (Vanilla, GOF, and GOF Eras) into full TTF HD versions (complemented old English and Caribbean styles) with the exception of the main menu, which will be released with the HD GUI Mod.
IMHO, everyone should install this small mod into their CoAS installation, because it makes the game so much easier to read and modernized.

No more blurry text at very high resolutions (>1680X1050), and all texts are shaded appropriately based on original colors.

All files are Max MIP, 32-bit files that are suitable for ANY game resolution.
The real advantage here is if you play your game at any resolution below 2560X1600 the fonts will just keep getting better as the base texture files are scaled well above your displayed resolution.

This mod is best used with GOF original or upgraded darker backgrounds.

This mod is not completely compatible with POTC New Horizons, as there are several other font texture files used, and I have not completed them at this time.
The base files included could be used for AoP: CT and POTC if desired however, because Akella used the original files in nearly every one of their pirate games including the ancient Sea Dogs.

I also included my personal fonts_rus.ini that I use for base scaling in my game for settings.

World map, land interface, spyglass, and battle interface settings will be coming with the HD GUI Mod.
If you find the text too small on the land or sea interfaces, you can use my guide in this sub-forum to change them yourself.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

The Black Knight's CoAS Mods Dropbox - 10 HD Fonts (v1.0)
(Go to top of PA! Downloads Page)

Download Size: 7.94 MB
Unzipped Size: 39.6 MB

Installation:

1) Extract all files to a separate directory (HD Fonts)
2) Prepare for backup! and store original files in a safe location
3) Copy interface bold numbers.tga.tx, interface button.tga.tx, interface normal font.tga.tx, and Menu font rus.tga.tx into resources/textures/fonts directory
4) Copy fonts_rus.ini into resource/ini
5) Play the game.

No new game is required, changes will occur immediately on loading.

Low quality reference images:
HD Fonts.jpg

GUI Screen.jpg

Load Game.jpg

Last edited:
Is there written Thompson - Portaits? New place where the game was saved?

I downloaded and installed it twice and I haven't noticed any problems.

Interface was never fully released, only fonts.
The full package still resides in my archives, and is directly active on my version that I have installed on my computer.
My installed version is HUGE, in excess of 34 GB uncompressed.
I don't know if I could even segregate all the modifications now, due to things like added ship models, graphic overhauls, and such.
Perhaps with POTEHO on the horizon...

Back