• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
According to Adventure Gamers, the official website for Autumn Moon's upcoming adventure game Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island goes live today! The website is in German by default, but you can bring up the English version of the page by clicking on the flag in the upper right corner. The web page uses Adobe Flash of course, so if your running Firefox with No Script, you will have to at least allow the page temporarily. Nothing about when the English version will be released, but at least you can find out a bit about the game if your curious. I am still not sure weather this game interests me or not, but hey, it is pirates!!

You can read the Adventure Gamers article HERE!

And you can find the Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island website HERE!

Looks interesting. I might pick it up just to take a look at the art and backgrounds alone. Very Disney-esque cartoony look and quality about it though. This can become a little too much after a while - like eating too much sugar. Although I loved Sid Meiers and still love the POTC ride at Disneyworld anyway.

V/R AS

I posted this to the new main page this morning, just thought I would post it here as well for those of you that haven't looked at the main page lately.

Autumn Moon Entertainment has released a new trailer for there upcoming title Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island. I am still not quite sure what to think of this title, but the descriptions I have read so far don't look all that promising to me. Have a look at the trailer for yourselves.
Ghostly buccaneers Papa Doc, a vooju priest; Jane Starling, a lovely female pirate; and Blue Belly, a bashful ship's cook, must work together to discover a way to reinhabit their bodies after being separated from them by a curse. That won't be easy, however, as ghosts have only limited ability to directly influence the world around them

Yup, I'm thinkin that's a pretty good assessment mate!

Apparently, it causes these folks too much mental anguish to come up with anything new anymore. :rolleyes: xD:

Amazingly, no one bothers to rip off the original, creative concepts such as the zeppelin battles and "aerial piracy" demonstrated in Crimson Skies. If one were made in the fashion of POTC / CoAS, it would be my instant favourite.

They copy the lousy, old, boring concepts and present it in a manner even a toddler would surpass...

Originality costs to much, game companies are becoming more and more like Hollywood in that respect. Crimson Skies had some great concepts for sure, I wish they had implemented it just a bit differently though

For that reason, sometimes I think I should be born a hundred years ago, when people didn't fear to innovate.

I reconsidered when I realised terrible things would happen to me inevitably.

For that reason, sometimes I think I should be born a hundred years ago, when people didn't fear to innovate.

24.gif
24.gif

Funny thing that you mention "Aerial Piracy"... one of the models i intend to do is "Caspartine" from the movie "Stardust"... she has a beautiful flow on her lines... of course it would be rigged... as a frigate i think...

stardust_ban4.jpg

Personally, I'm thinking about 300-350 years ago would have been just about right for me! 1000 years ago would work pretty good for me too, I have always been a Viking at heart. Vikings had great ships, but they didn't have any cannon! Although I suppose I could have made due with a ballista or a trebuchet, they would have been really tough to mount on a Drakkar! :facepalm

Okay I want to see that movie. NOW.

Frigate? Hmn.

I was thinking steam / sail hybrid, copper plated, what with that "destroyer style" bow and all :)

Yes we need steam and armoured ships in POTC!

Steam and/or armored is would be put in a later period on game...

I watched Stardust - awesome movie (and I love witches). But darn, if we ever modelled the hull of that ship she appears out of place outside the age of ironclads. Don't think those old 17-18th century tubs ever had "clipper" type bows.

Not sure why good stuff like that is never shown here. This has to be some of the best special effects implementation I've ever seen. It's simple fx and works really well.

i've seen a couple textures that look quite similar from above... i think they belong to ships in CoAS

Back