• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island coming to US retail stores

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9962/1072294logolarge.jpg[/imgleft]I haven't heard a lot about this title lately, although it does look rather ...interesting. Personally, I was a bit put off by the Voodoo stuff. Anyway, things are bit slow pirate news-wise at the moment, so I figured I would at least put a little something pirate related up!

Last year, Telltale Games, made up in part of former LucasArts adventure game team members, released its five part revival of the classic Monkey Island series. Oddly enough another developer made up of former LucasArts team members, Autumn Moon Entertainment, released its own adventure game in 2009, Ghost Pirates of Voojo Island.

So why haven't you heard about this game? Because it was released in Germany, where the PC adventure game industry is still pretty strong. It was also released in the UK in February 2010. However the GameStop web site has posted up word that ValuSoft has plans to release the game to retail stores in the US on August 30.

The game itself has three main characters out to stop a demon god from coming back to life. The kicker is that not only do each of the main characters have their own special skills, they can also turn into ghosts which allows them to wall through walls, among other things, in the game. We plan to contact Autumn Moon to get more info on the title's US release.

Original story here :
http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/08...vooju-island-coming-soon-to-us-retail-stores/

You can pre-order Ghost Pirates of Voojo Island for $19.99 from Gamestop HERE!

The EB Games/Gamestop here has had it on the shelf for the last two weeks. Something tells me they aren't supposed to be selling it yet. xD: Games debuting in Canada before the US is pretty uncommon.

On the other hand, early release is the norm at this store - I've bought games up to three weeks before street date there. :cheeky

Back