• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gentlemen of Fortune: Historical Eras Module 2 Released!

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
ATTENTION: New version of mod RELEASED 11/29/13. This version is a little smaller at 5.2gb and includes Pieter's installer. Link follows.

After two years of development mostly by myself the GOF Era's Mod2 is finally finished and the mod is available for download here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/gof-historical-eras-module-2.20344/

More links will be forthcoming and Pieter has made an auto installer that's bundled with the mod. So it can be manually installed if that's what you prefer or with the push of a button with Pieter's installer.

This mod embodies the spirit of the Golden Age from 1648-1725 with...

- 67 different player characters to choose from that are 95 percent real historical figures of that era.

- 81 blades and over 40 different pistol combinations to arm yourself with

- Over 50 new items including many that enhance your abilities like the manuals.

- 16 new ships and 70 percent of the old models reskinned for the Golden Age Era.

New weather, soldiers, music & sounds, interface details, and brothels.

Sorry it took so long. Enjoy! MK

Last edited:
I been waitin all me life fer this! Well kinda..
Will test as soon as I can. Congratz on the release MK:cheers
and power to the COAS modding!
:pflag

Congratulations, mate! :cheers

I have set up an "AoP 2: CoAS" news category, so we can group this together with any other related news we might have at some point. :doff

It's great to finally see this mod released! You should be proud of yourself, MK. :doff

I'd like to add some "Quick links" for this mod to the forum's sliding banner, just like I did for HoO and PotC.
Does anyone have the GOF logo for this? And some key links, other than the download, to be included?

I'd like to add some "Quick links" for this mod to the forum's sliding banner, just like I did for HoO and PotC.
Does anyone have the GOF logo for this? And some key links, other than the download, to be included?
Good idea!

I wished I could help you with the files you need though, but I don't have them available right now.

It's great to finally see this mod released! You should be proud of yourself, MK. :doff

Or maybe Eras calls for a new logo, if anyone has the time? This is a pretty big deal, after all. I just don't know who would do it.

You want that I fall in love, mateys?
This marvelous "musica da camera" (XVIII century concert music) take my heart!
Sorry but I don't know the translation for the word, here is called "musica da camera" = room music. Haendel, Bach, Mozart, Paganini, and so on

well, I literally adore the chamber music.
My delight in Sid Meier Pirates! was the music...
..................and my cross was the ball....sigh...

Has anyone tried my installer EXE yet? Does it work at all? If it does, we can add the update files in there so it becomes a single-step installation again.

I will only be around for one more week, so this will have to be sorted out soon.

New version of mod RELEASED with Pieter's installer included. See updated link information at beginning of article. MK

Hey evryone ths for such a great MOD. I have a big problem though... when i start as holland (havent tryed anythingh else so far just 1 char) i have blocked several buildings that when i enter they turn dark and i cannot do anythigh but talk but nothigh happensa does this happens to other peopple??? DOes this supposed to happen?.

Hey evryone ths for such a great MOD. I have a big problem though... when i start as holland (havent tryed anythingh else so far just 1 char) i have blocked several buildings that when i enter they turn dark and i cannot do anythigh but talk but nothigh happensa does this happens to other peopple??? DOes this supposed to happen?.
I have windows 8 8gb ram i7 procesor 2gb grafic card nvidia geoforce 610

Back