• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gentlemen of Fortune 2 game save doesn't work!!

Agamemnon74

Powder Monkey
Hello
Haven't played for a year or so, I have installed Age of Pirates 2 City of Abandoned Ships, new install , to C Program Files, extracted G.O.F 2 to the same folder , the game initiates and runs fine, except the Save option is not available ! What is causing this? The original game ( C.O.A.S ) saves ok, but with the upgrade to G.O.F 2 , the save option is unavailable.

System: Win 8.1 GForce GTX 660 2 gig card 8 Gig RAM intel quad core processor. 64 bit

Any help appreciated. :unsure

Hello
Haven't played for a year or so, I have installed Age of Pirates 2 City of Abandoned Ships, new install , to C Program Files, extracted G.O.F 2 to the same folder , the game initiates and runs fine, except the Save option is not available ! What is causing this? The original game ( C.O.A.S ) saves ok, but with the upgrade to G.O.F 2 , the save option is unavailable.

System: Win 8.1 GForce GTX 660 2 gig card 8 Gig RAM intel quad core processor. 64 bit

Any help appreciated. :unsure

I have tried a few things and notice that if I have the option 'Hardcore Game' selected, the Save option is not available, so I have de-selected this option and can now save games. What is the 'Hardcore ' option ?

Ah! You found the problem. I have a vague memory that you can only save in a church or something like that. I never tried it.

You should move your game out of program files as windoze security is active there. I am surprised it runs at all.

I have tried a few things and notice that if I have the option 'Hardcore Game' selected, the Save option is not available, so I have de-selected this option and can now save games. What is the 'Hardcore ' option ?
Ah! You found the problem. I have a vague memory that you can only save in a church or something like that. I never tried it.

You should move your game out of program files as windoze security is active there. I am surprised it runs at all.

Hi, many thanks for that, the game seems to be running 100% so far, but I will take your advice and re-locate it.

Have you tried Assassins Creed Black Flag? Stunning graphics and realistic sea etc , beautiful ships, only I find it lacks 'soul' Even though the graphics seem primitive in COAS by comparison, the game-play is far more immersive.
Hearts of Oak looks fantastic so far, would like to help out in some way, I have a rusty knowledge of Lightwave 3D. :)

No, never played any Assassins Creed. It is too arcade like to interest me.
They were really onto something with the Black Flag sea environment, taking the wheel of the brig was pretty impressive , the roll of the ship and the way the wind pushes the bow off course with the head sea , having to bring the bow back up into the oncoming sea is as real as it gets, the sea looks cinematic , looks too real to be a simulation, just watch the sea break over the bow and run down the deck... Then they spoiled it all by only making it part of some strange story where you are suddenly transported to an office in Canada ! I think there were howls of protest from many! But it shows what can be done by those who have the resources, pity these ones lacked the imagination to complete it as an immersive experience.

Back