• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.1.5 mod development

Hi.
To your email:
Thanks for response. I got only one Constitution, the rest should be at port controll on Nevis. I don't use these ships. I use them when I go to capture city. If not, I don't use them because it's easier to controll one ship and is cheaper.
Some controlls can't be used because in one of these saves I used debugger which cheats. I turned it off so other saves worked strangly but it's enough to reset keyboard settings in option menu and everything works fine. These 2 culverins on my ship - yes, I got 56 culverins and these 2 you noticed are additional - sometimes one can expload so I can replace it faster, that's why I bought additional two culverins. They're in magazine.
I hope it didn't destroy your game.

To your question.
Honestly, I buy everything at shipyard. It's true it's expensive but it was the fastest way.
From these 4 ships I have, only HMS Victory has cannons and I can't change it because when I try, it's bugged.
Culverins are better to me, so if I capture ship and has cannons on board, I usually sell them at shipyard and buy bigger culverins.

If I still don't help you, tell me excatly where's the problem.
All ships I captured in game had ALWAYS cannons or culverins on board. Sometimes if you meet merchant ships, they may have many cannons or culverines in magazine.

Sry for not answering a long time, i was away at mountains... I think better flag is the one with red cross and white background, more real approach and nicest... And yes, culverins seems to be better way to attack a fort, longest shots are the best

Hello

First of all, congratulations on the mod, it's really good.

Second, bug report for version 2.1.5:
As Peter Blood the player starts as a Pirate and the only shipyard available is the one in Bermuda. What happened was that the guy there would pay 0 for my ships and I payed 26k for a sail fix wich didn't happen. After reloading a couple of times the prices for selling my ships returned to normal and the fix on the sails worked (had to pay again). Happened multiple times and I don't know the cause.

Very good mod, I've been playing GOF since 1.2 and probably will be playing forever!
Thanks

Hello there,

I´ve got some problems with this mod/compilation.

First: How can I get into national ports, when I´ve started as Peter Blood (Pirates)? I mean without the guards attacking me after the short dialogue. I still got a letter of trade for british harbours, british flag on my ship and successfully managed to get into the port. It´s quite difficult to complete any task or even trade and repair my ship, because everyone´s attacking me, often on sight, although I have payed the diplomat quite a lot, and every relationship is neutral at the moment.

Second: When I try to enter cities through their harbour and the guards attack me, the game crashes in about 2/3 of the cases. I don´t think that´s intended :)

Third: Although I have turned the option to COAS default, my compass when sailing still only shows wind direction, which by the way is sometimes changing absurdly fast (like 10.5 to NW to 3.5 to S).

If some of these are mentioned somewhere else, I kindly ask for a link, because searching such specific things is quite difficult. Also, if this is the wrong thread, a moderator may move the post to the right one.

With kind regards!

Hello,
I play in GOF 2.1.5 mod I spend long time in game and I dont want start from beginning. When I try choose perk tree of life i dont get a bonus from PerkRetroactive option. I can switch this option on and off and nothing happen. If somebody know solution of this problem or know how manualy change hero and officers HP points in game files please help. P.S probably perk dynamo dont work too.

Hi all,

I'm italian and have a problem with the mod traduction. I have the game 1/2 english and 1/2 italian.

I would like traduce all in my language, but in the new mod i don't find the dialogue file of the store man, shipyard man, priest, ecc...

I try to search in Program/Text and in Resource/INI, but all files are in Italian language. I don't unterstood where is the file with a first phrases of store man, shypyard man, tavern man, etc..

Can You help me?

Hello,
I play in GOF 2.1.5 mod I spend long time in game and I dont want start from beginning. When I try choose perk tree of life i dont get a bonus from PerkRetroactive option. I can switch this option on and off and nothing happen. If somebody know solution of this problem or know how manualy change hero and officers HP points in game files please help. P.S probably perk dynamo dont work too.
This is on the growing list of things I'm looking into since I noticed it in gameplay yesterday. No idea what the problem is yet but if I find a solution I'll share ASAP.

Hi all,

I'm italian and have a problem with the mod traduction. I have the game 1/2 english and 1/2 italian.

I would like traduce all in my language, but in the new mod i don't find the dialogue file of the store man, shipyard man, priest, ecc...

I try to search in Program/Text and in Resource/INI, but all files are in Italian language. I don't unterstood where is the file with a first phrases of store man, shypyard man, tavern man, etc..

Can You help me?
Maybe... Those dialogs appear to be in program/text/dialogs named (in English) "common_store.h", "common_church.h" etc. You said you'd already looked there... is it possible that you overlooked these?

Hello, my first post on this site though this has been one of my favourite games for ages and you guys have made it possible to play so I can't thank you enough for all your hard work over the years!

I recently started playing again and am having an issue which makes the game EXTREMELY difficult... As soon as I board and take over my first ship all ship sell values go to 0. I can no longer sell ships!!! It's very difficult to pay all of your crews wages just off of captured wares. I've tried turning all the pricing mods on or off. I've reinstalled 4 or 5 times with different combinations of patches 1.3, or 1.3 and 1.4, or 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5. The issue still remains so it would seem to be somewhere in the 2.0 version and related specifically to boarding an enemy ship or having more than one ship in my control.

Could you please add Emerge/submerge ability to the Fying Dutchman to GOF like it is in POTC? it would be so badass. As far as I know, even though I am not good at all in game engineering, the engine for POTC New Horizon and AOP2GOF is the same, but AOP2's enginge is slightly enhanced. Thus saying, the scripts structure and implementation stay the same. It would take one capable scriptor or modder to make it. I would be glad to do it myself, yet I always reach the part where I not fully get the meaning of some script lines ;(
I would even donate if necessary

Last edited:
@Davy_Jones: All the hard work of figuring out how to do it has already been done, so porting it yourself should be possible.
You may want to have a look here: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks
With those tips and tricks, the sky is the limit for anyone determined enough to get something done.
Of course if you get stuck, you're always welcome to ask any questions here. :doff

@Davy_Jones: All the hard work of figuring out how to do it has already been done, so porting it yourself should be possible.
You may want to have a look here: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks
With those tips and tricks, the sky is the limit for anyone determined enough to get something done.
Of course if you get stuck, you're always welcome to ask any questions here. :doff

Thank you for sharing the link. I will look to reach as far as I can. Could you suggest where shall I start in porting it? Beside from reading the thread you provided XD

Thank you for sharing the link. I will look to reach as far as I can. Could you suggest where shall I start in porting it? Beside from reading the thread you provided XD
Search for "Dutchman" in PROGRAM\NK.c; that should at least show you part of the relevant code.
Once you've got part of it, the tricks from that thread should allow you to trace the rest too.
(I think most of the rest was in PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c).

Search for "Dutchman" in PROGRAM\NK.c; that should at least show you part of the relevant code.
Once you've got part of it, the tricks from that thread should allow you to trace the rest too.
(I think most of the rest was in PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c).

Thank you, mate!

Ahoy! This probably isn't the best place to post this but it seems to have the most recent active posts so I'm terrible sorry to post this here, but...

I recently acquired COAS and never played the stock game. I installed GOF 2.0 as soon as I installed the game. It was fine and all, gone as far as that battleship fight for Morgan, was happy as hell that I was able to capture it with a weak ship and it was fun as hell, never had this much fun with a game since forever, but now the game crashes every time I try to dock in the settelments, try to board another ship or just go for sea/land loading screen in general. I ignored it for the first times since I did a little research and that storm engine and the Age of Pirates/Sea Dogs games isn't stable at all but now it became unbearable. It crashes in almost all loading screens.

So, I'm here to ask for help. Anyone knows what is the most probably cause of these pesky crashes? It doesn't give any error, just CTD without warning. I was enjoying the game so much, its a shame if I can't fix it.

My specs if it helps:
Windows 10
GeForce GTX960
i5-7400
8gb ram
And I'm currently playing Peter Blood.

It should be sufficient to run the game with this specs, isn't it? If anyone could tell me the probably cause of theses CTDs, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!

Back