• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Can anyone explain me how is it possible that ships in GoF 2.1.4 fire cannons constantly, without any reloading? Can it be because I'm playing the hardest difficulty? It is unrealistic and irritating to see a ship firing cannons at you without any break... ;)

Small caliber cannons and a crew with good skills can fire quite quickly. Too quickly. The mods never did get that quite right. At one time small fast firing cannons could do more damage than bigger slow firing cannons and it is still a little like that. Until you reach the higher skill levels it is best to fight with small fast ships.

Small caliber cannons and a crew with good skills can fire quite quickly. Too quickly. The mods never did get that quite right. At one time small fast firing cannons could do more damage than bigger slow firing cannons and it is still a little like that. Until you reach the higher skill levels it is best to fight with small fast ships.

Damn it, it would be good if they were all firing like in New Horizons :D

And I notice a huge inaccuracy when firing cannons. Almost all shots miss the enemy ship, sometimes even hit the water far from enemy ship. I don't get it...

Trudat. The largest ship I normally sail is the Unicorn frigate.

You skills are very low and your crew skills are also very low, it sounds like. No instant gratification here.

Hello, I can not finish the Isabella mission after I installed GOF 2.0 tuvo goes well until marriage, quabdo comes the part where the villains go, now appear several man on the church door and nothing else happens, and I can not leave the church because the door is closed.

Hello, I can not finish the Isabella mission after I installed GOF 2.0 tuvo goes well until marriage, quabdo comes the part where the villains go, now appear several man on the church door and nothing else happens, and I can not leave the church because the door is closed.

I cannot help you with that since I switched to GoF 1.2. GoF 2.0 is full of bugs. I don't see any fixes in that Mod. Did you make save game before doing that quest?

Have you read the walkthrough? Guide - CoAS Walkthrough guide | PiratesAhoy!

That quest always worked ok for me until I go to the part where I had to chase a ship across the Carribean. My ship was always too slow and I got there 2 days too late.

The trick for that part is fast travel; use it when nearing the north end of St. Martin, fast travel to the south end, same with Nevis, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Palm Shore to Cape Calvinist, then head west and when remotely near Puerto Bello, go to sea. You'll make it! It was impossible for me to make the trip without this method.

Hello,

I have a problem with my sound. The intro-sound is working but in the game its mute. Whats wrong? I have two versions, normal and GOF 2.0. In the normal Version is all ok. But in GOF 2.0 Version the game-music dont work. Only the Intro.

I have do the UseMM = 1 to UseMM = 0 but it has not help. Hmpf.....

Hello,

I have a problem with my sound. The intro-sound is working but in the game its mute. Whats wrong? I have two versions, normal and GOF 2.0. In the normal Version is all ok. But in GOF 2.0 Version the game-music dont work. Only the Intro.

I have do the UseMM = 1 to UseMM = 0 but it has not help. Hmpf.....

I personally think that GOF 1.2 is much better than GOF 2.0. When I saw how clouds textures are messed up on World Map in GOF 2.0, I immediately uninstalled it...

What is the most stable version of GOF 2.0? I have the option for a patch (1.4 Beta V1). Is this the best option? Or the normal Full GOF 2.0 Version ? Important is the sability.

The problem with sound is done.

What is the most stable version of GOF 2.0? I have the option for a patch (1.4 Beta V1). Is this the best option? Or the normal Full GOF 2.0 Version ? Important is the sability.

The problem with sound is done.

Here's the link for the Mod:

Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release download

and here's the patch:

GoF! 1.2 Full Release Patch download - Age of Pirates 2: Gentlemen of Fortune mod for Age of Pirates II: City of Abandoned Ships

About your sound problem. Have you tried installing just the original game, without any mod and seeing if the sound works? Because if the sound doesn't work with the original installation, I'm 99% sure that it won't work with the Mod either...

But I had many problems with 1.2 ! Thats the reason because I switch to 2.0. I have no problems with 2.0 but it might be possible that it exist a new more stable mod.

My sound problem is done :).

hey everyone, I'm back again to playing GOF, and it's all good and nice, but how do I change my deafult sailing (distant) camera? I think last year or so I found some file that edits that camera to be closer to the hull of ship, and not over sails. Does anyone have link to that file?

Back