• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Well, err umm, the fort was a big help if you get my meaning. :pirate41:
start 2015-07-15 22-46-30-99.jpg start 2015-07-15 22-51-16-59.jpg

Thanks for the help Hylie, I guess it doesn't matter anymore that shipyards don't sell many ships at once. I'll just get my ships the hard way, It will be a hassle, But definetely fun and worth it.

But capturing those ships in the same battle, I take my hat of for you sir.
Hahahahaha Cheater.

Well, err umm, the fort was a big help if you get my meaning. :pirate41:
View attachment 23037 View attachment 23038
I may have stumbled on something here, atleast i think i did. I was playing the character Red Leg Greaves and just captured a ship, so I put my most loyal officer in charge while we headed for the nearest port, When we gor there I went straight to the shipyard and there were over 8-10 ships there. Worst thing is I sold my extra ship went to another island after selling it and then there were only 2-4 ships over there. So my guess is that it's a bug.

Does anyone know the name of the sound file that plays when you reload your guns on your ship? It sounds like a bunch of random yelling they cut from a movie and its really annoying and I want to delete it.

LOL, I renamed most of those sound files, in GOF and build 14 for potc. most of them are soooo annoying. Just remember to rename them (add a number or something to file name), 'cos you might want them back ;)

LOL, I renamed most of those sound files, in [...] build 14 for potc. most of them are soooo annoying. Just remember to rename them (add a number or something to file name), 'cos you might want them back ;)
You know that PotC actually has a toggle to switch a whole bunch of them off without removing the files, right?
I think it is the EXTRA_SOUNDS one in the PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h file.

This doesn't apply to GoF, of course.

I've Just downloaded and installed COAS with the GOF mod and the 2 patches (1.3 and 1.4). I nottcied that the compass is alot different from the original game. I tried to change it back to the normal one by changing the realistic compass to COAS default in the mod options but it changed nothing. Is it possible to get the original compass back?

Last edited:
please help is there any new link for GoF 2? the link is not working.

Thanks. it work now. another question.
do i need to install or patch the 1.3 before patch the 1.4 beta

how to install the GOF 2.0? need to extract first using 7zip then? doubleclick the .exe?

1) No. 1.4 is 1.3 with some things added.

2) That sounds about right to me. Unzip it, hit the EXE, then point it at your working COAS install.

ok thanks bro! help a lot !

now my prblem is when I press alt-tab the game crashes.

i re install the CoAS

then I want the GOF v1

but still when i press alt-tab the game crashes in gof v1 too.

and my start menu says that it is gof v2.0.8 but i re install fresh coas and installed the gof v1

Is there a way to get other nation flags for my ship? At the moment, I can only hoist the English and Pirate flag...

I recall hearing that CoAS has abilities for the different Flags? But I do not know that for sure.

Back