• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

hello everyone

first of all i wana say thx to all u guys who are making mods for coas rly ur doing a awesome work :D

now a question :)

my game worked find till i got into combat with ships (2nd class and 3th) , after i boarded them my engine stops working i dont know why..
after couple mins i get into game and somehow i manage to be ingame for 5-10 mins (running on island) and when i want to get on my ship the engine stops again

just wana know if some1 has had the same problem before

using windows 7 (64bit)

cheers

Umm i am getting recently very often a C++ error crash but i don't know exactly why this keeps happening... occasionally only when there's alot of bombing going on :S

hello everyone

first of all i wana say thx to all u guys who are making mods for coas rly ur doing a awesome work :D

my game worked find till i got into combat with ships (2nd class and 3th) , after i boarded them my engine stops working i dont know why..
after couple mins i get into game and somehow i manage to be ingame for 5-10 mins (running on island) and when i want to get on my ship the engine stops again

using windows 7 (64bit)

cheers

Did you uninstall COAS, reinstall, and add GOF 1.0 and Pacth 1.1? If you had other MODs installed and tried to apply GOF on top of it then that could be your problem.

(Thanks for the info on fast travel, Luke !)

hello everyone

using windows 7 (64bit)

cheers

Did you uninstall COAS, reinstall, and add GOF 1.0 and Pacth 1.1? If you had other MODs installed and tried to apply GOF on top of it then that could be your problem.

(Thanks for the info on fast travel, Luke !)

well didnt instal the game just extracted it thats how i downloaded it maybe its coz of that i dont know i gues i gota search for a new coas someone has maybe a link from where to download the game?

just to say i think i cant hold more then 1 ship....i sold them and left one and the game worked till i payed a guy at the pirate tavern so i can be neutral with a nation :)

just one question
playin as peter blood and whenever i go to a spanish city im threatened as a spy even tho im neutral with them i dont know if its a bug or not just wana know

and thx for replying fast :)

Are you English as your nationality? Just because you yourself are neutral with them, won't stop them from recognizing you as an enemy if your country of nationality is at war with Spain - which the English are in COAS.

And yes the mod needs to be installed over a fresh install of COAS. I'm running Win7 64 bit as well and it's rock solid so far.

MK

i see thx for telling me

well just to ask then if some1 has a good link from where to download the game at momment searching for torrents and all of them are "extract and play" .

hello everyone

using windows 7 (64bit)

cheers

yep keep getting the same problem like you did and i have a very clean version of gof 1.1 on it... also there's this C++ error i am experiencing from time to time... good that i a aint the only one who has those problems ;)

maybe the error occurs because i have a pirated/cracked version of the game? I cannot get the game anywhere else and it took me 1 week to get this version i am using right now... man the publisher of this game really failed at doing the job to bring it to public -_-*

i see thx for telling me

well just to ask then if some1 has a good link from where to download the game at momment searching for torrents and all of them are "extract and play" .

Umm dont get me wrong but you should have a backup file of the game before modding/upgrading it just in case the mod screws your game up ;)

Hello, any help would be appreciated, I've installed the mod and patch over a new/fresh install of COAS and as soon at I run the game, I get a message saying that the application has requested runtime to terminate the program in an unexpected way - and then it terminates. Any suggestions?

I have Windows 7

Thanks

Can you give the instal directory for COAS because i run windows 7 x64 bit and it works fine for me. The only thing though is i do not use the original install for installing mod, i copy and paste the intire directory to a folder on the desktop and i install the mod and patch to that new directory. For your problem i am woundering if its because your game is installed in programs rather than programs x86. The game directory should if installed to the right place look like this. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic" The mods GOF 1.0 and the patch GOF 1.1 are set to install to this directory by default.

Can you give the instal directory for COAS because i run windows 7 x64 bit and it works fine for me. The only thing though is i do not use the original install for installing mod, i copy and paste the intire directory to a folder on the desktop and i install the mod and patch to that new directory. For your problem i am woundering if its because your game is installed in programs rather than programs x86. The game directory should if installed to the right place look like this. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic" The mods GOF 1.0 and the patch GOF 1.1 are set to install to this directory by default.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2

Yeah I don't know what's going on.

Did you install COAS, GOF 1.0 and then GOF 1.1 in that exact order and no other mods included?

Do a fresh install, before installing COAS make sure their are no files left behind after its uninstalled. Then install COAS, the mod and patch should be fine because they wouldn't extract if they was currupt., or i wouldn't have thourght they would.

Do this, uninstall COAS and delete all files and folders left behind if any. Install COAS and copy the game directory, paste the game directory ie Age Of Pirates 2 to the desktop. You shoulod now have in side of Age Of Pirates 2 all the files and folders. No run GOF 1.0 and direct the instal location to the COAS copy on the desktop, do the same for the patch GOF 1.1 and try to start the game using the exe from within the COAS folder on the desktop. If this works then you can try to install the mod and patch over the real game directory and see if it works in their or continue to use the copy from the desktop. Its up to you, but i like to use the one from the desktop because i can easily delete the folder from the desktop and copy a new fresh copy over from the main directory rather than sit and wait for what seems like forever while the game installs.

Do a fresh install, before installing COAS make sure their are no files left behind after its uninstalled. Then install COAS, the mod and patch should be fine because they wouldn't extract if they was currupt., or i wouldn't have thourght they would.

Do this, uninstall COAS and delete all files and folders left behind if any. Install COAS and copy the game directory, paste the game directory ie Age Of Pirates 2 to the desktop. You shoulod now have in side of Age Of Pirates 2 all the files and folders. No run GOF 1.0 and direct the instal location to the COAS copy on the desktop, do the same for the patch GOF 1.1 and try to start the game using the exe from within the COAS folder on the desktop. If this works then you can try to install the mod and patch over the real game directory and see if it works in their or continue to use the copy from the desktop. Its up to you, but i like to use the one from the desktop because i can easily delete the folder from the desktop and copy a new fresh copy over from the main directory rather than sit and wait for what seems like forever while the game installs.

Thank you very much for the help and the quick responses!

Great job whit this mod :onya ....And beside pirate starting issue is seam ok ....btw how can I see maps now beside items interface ?? because it seam "m" is broken too ....

PS Sry for my bad english :gday

Everything works great! thanks a lot for releasing this awesomeness :keith

However I just have 1 question, because I cant seem to enable the F11 function anymore

did these steps :

1. open AoP 2 folder
2. open engine.ini and set debugwindow = 0 to debugwindow = 1
3. close and save the file then go into program folder
4. open up _mod_on_off.h
5. set betatestmode function to on (on means there Dev version of the game)
6. close and save the file
7. start a new Game

Does this mean we cant fool around anymore :shrug

Back