• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

General Questions

Reduce the music volume to zero in the "Options" panel. That will stop all music, including the cave music.

Well, it seems like you can change the songs in the folder, or am I mistaken?
You can but that doesn't do anything except make the background music quite when encountering an enemy. I want to keep the regular background music playing even when encountering an enemy.

Go into a cave or any other location which plays the music you don't want. Quit at once, then post "compile.log" here. It should tell me which music is playing that you don't like, then I should be able to figure out a way to silence it.

Go into a cave or any other location which plays the music you don't want. Quit at once, then post "compile.log" here. It should tell me which music is playing that you don't like, then I should be able to figure out a way to silence it.
ItemLogic: On load location Oxbay_cave
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\blade42
ItemLogic: Loaded model items\\potion
ItemLogic: Loaded model items\\
ItemLogic: Loaded model items\\potionbig
trying to spawn item: jewelry6 with rarity=0.5907 itemProb=108.12
trying to spawn item: whiteskull with rarity=0.40619 itemProb=12.096
trying to spawn item: pistolgrenade with rarity=0.8974 itemProb=0.18
trying to spawn item: pistol7 with rarity=0.51434 itemProb=0.24
trying to spawn item: indian7 with rarity=0.28763 itemProb=84.12
trying to spawn item: indian6 with rarity=0.71951 itemProb=6.e-002
trying to spawn item: jewelry13 with rarity=7.016e-002 itemProb=108.12
trying to spawn item: pistol2 with rarity=0.18661 itemProb=1.2e-002
trying to spawn item: meds3 with rarity=0.78369 itemProb=0.18
trying to spawn item: jewelry2 with rarity=0.54761 itemProb=108.02
trying to spawn item: jewelry4 with rarity=0.5029 itemProb=108.12
SETTING MUSIC: music_dungeon
SETTING MUSIC: music_dungeon
SETTING MUSIC: music_bitva
(Then I quit)

Try putting this into "PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS". You'll probably need to start a new game for it to work. Start "Tales of a Sea Hawk", or a FreePlay as any British corsair or merchant, then see what happens if you go into Speightstown dungeon.

Attachments

• music_standard.c
    15.9 KB · Views: 46
Try putting this into "PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS". You'll probably need to start a new game for it to work. Start "Tales of a Sea Hawk", or a FreePlay as any British corsair or merchant, then see what happens if you go into Speightstown dungeon.
I already tried that method. All it does is get silence once I encounter an enemy.

Think of it this way. Enter a cave, Coridor.ogg plays in the background, once I encounter a skeleton the music stops and the action/danger music starts. I want Coridor.ogg to keep playing even when I encounter skeletons in the cave and not stop.

Are you playing the original game or the modded game? You talk about skeletons in the cave, but the mod puts humans in caves and dungeons, not skeletons.

If you're playing the modded game, try this version of "PROGRAM\sound\sound.c". Anywhere that sets the music to "music_bitva" is commented out so the music should not change when you encounter enemies. It probably won't work with the unmodded game.

Attachments

• sound.c
    48.1 KB · Views: 37
Are you playing the original game or the modded game? You talk about skeletons in the cave, but the mod puts humans in caves and dungeons, not skeletons.

If you're playing the modded game, try this version of "PROGRAM\sound\sound.c". Anywhere that sets the music to "music_bitva" is commented out so the music should not change when you encounter enemies. It probably won't work with the unmodded game.
The modden New Horizons version. I changed things to put the Skeletons back in the caves, but that as just an example.

New Beach

Is there a way to add a new beach to existing islands. I've added a new beach to Barbados/Oxbay but there a way to set up so you can moor at it?

Adding to the Cabin

I'm trying to add another box or two to the Black Pearl's Cabin. I can't seem to find the right gm folder in Locations/Decks/Cabin, could someone point me to the right one?

Back