• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial General Guide to Locators

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
This tutorial explains all locator types, their purposes and naming conventions, which can be used when adding new ships or modifying existing ones.
It covers content relevant to both PotC and the AoP series.

It also covers how to edit locators in Excel, which is an extremely useful alternative to TOOL.

Click here to view the tutorial PDF online

Update 22/06/15: Revised version uploaded. Changes include:
  • Addition of 'fal' locators for Age of Pirates games
  • Contents page with hyperlinks for easy navigation
  • Updated formatting to match Maya tutorial

Last edited:
No problem. I hope it's good enough to help you make some progress with porting your ships. :cheers

Just had a quick look and it looks absolutely excellent; thanks a lot for doing this! :bow

Again, no problem. :onya A tutorial covering locators was LONG overdue anyway, so I'm just glad we've got one now.

You saved me some grief with this tutorial. I finally got back to work on the Centurion and found out I had the cannon locators pointing in all of the wrong directions. :facepalm

Well I'm glad I could help, then. :doff I knew cannon locators would be a pretty important aspect to cover.

I've just uploaded a revised version with some important changes. See first post for details.

I think so, yes, but I'm not sure it's been proven before.

The sails have never been split between masts that I know of. I can't recall trying it myself.

I've now updated this tutorial with the changes outlined in the first post. This is mostly to bring it in line with the new Maya tutorial, which is easier to read and includes a contents page.

Back