• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help General Gameplay Questions

llewelyn ravencroft

Sailor Apprentice
So I started a new game as a castaway and the first bad thing to happen was me deleting my Llywellyn Wellesley Save the second bad thing to happen was I spawned on that black island by grand cayman so I'm wondering has anyone had any bad look as the castaway

Black Island by Grand Cayman? You mean Cozumel?
I think that can happen, yes. Makes a hard start even harder.
Of course Castaway is basically meant to give you pretty much the worst start possible.

I'm playing as a Royal navy officer who is currently in command of an advanced frigate I wonder is there any ships that have more guns but the easy to control nature of the Advanced Frigate and no ship of lines I effing hate them things H.M.S Justinan I'm looking at you

Last edited:
You might go to the Temple, try to collect some good stuff there.

Generally frigates are the best compromise between firepower and manoeuvrability.
So I doubt there is any better all round replacement to be found.

While we are here does anyone know how to fix naval battle crashes I downloaded that cff explorer thing it stabilized it a bit still crashes

Crashes at what point? Regular 3D sailing mode?
You'll have to provide more details, log files and possibly a savegame.
Could be that the game engine is just overloading though.
Save often. Closing and restarting the game once in a while tends to help.

Also, if is possible to edit the game code to make a crazy manoeuvrable boat with plenty cannons.
That intentionally doesn't exist in the game, because that would be excessively unrealistic.
But it's not impossible in the engine. ;)

I'm playing as a Royal navy officer who is currently in command of an advanced frigate I wonder is there any ships that have more guns but the easy to control nature of the Advanced Frigate and no ship of lines I effing hate them things H.M.S Justinan I'm looking at you
If I recall correctly, the most powerful frigates are the Endymion class (and their French and American counterparts) based on the USS Constitution.

Crashes at what point? Regular 3D sailing mode?
You'll have to provide more details, log files and possibly a savegame.
Could be that the game engine is just overloading though.
Save often. Closing and restarting the game once in a while tends to help.

Also, if is possible to edit the game code to make a crazy manoeuvrable boat with plenty cannons.
That intentionally doesn't exist in the game, because that would be excessively unrealistic.
But it's not impossible in the engine. ;)

What way should I send my saves a zip or a rar file thanks for the suggestion of change the code but that takes the fun out of a ship battle if i have 125 guns from a frigate shooting at point blank range

Last edited:
Where do I find one the isle de muerte?
You cant. You have to leave the island to get another boat.
PS. You cant play as a Navy officer in castaway.
You have to set Background profession to Naval Officer
in the Free play menu.

Last edited:
Depending on the time period, those ships may or may not be available.
If they are, then they appear during regular play.

Back