• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Game freezes when in invetory screen or when selling cargo

Amon

Landlubber
The game freezes as soon as you try to list through items in your inventory. When i installed the latest POTC Build the problem was a bit solved, but not completely, now when i go through items in my inventory, or when buying or selling cargo at the trader, it takes the game 10-15 seconds to move from one item to the other. The game lags terribly when in trader or inventory screen, also, when i enter the tavern, a ship yard, the trader, or any closed space, the character turns left and right very very slowly... what could be the problem?

I use Win 10 with AMD Radeon R9 380

I've seen some tremendous slow motion on Windows 10 before, but the very latest modpack version did solve it in that case.

Have you tried to install ENB? Maybe that helps?

Also, to be certain, what is the modpack version and date that is shown in your main game menu?

That is winX causing your problems. I have similar issues that I mostly worked around by fine tuning the video card settings. Too high of a frame rate causes the game to run in slo mo.

Basically what happened is winX forces POTC to run in windowed mode which trashes the game.

What are your puter specs? I am running an AMD FX 8370 and a 290X.

Yes, i have a more high-end pc...
Here is my DXdiag file...
What video-card settings would you recommend?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    68.8 KB · Views: 270
I've seen some tremendous slow motion on Windows 10 before, but the very latest modpack version did solve it in that case.

Have you tried to install ENB? Maybe that helps?

Also, to be certain, what is the modpack version and date that is shown in your main game menu?

I am using modpack: Build 14 Beta 3.4

Ah, it is ok now. It was my mistake, i thought i had build 3.4 but it was 3.3
Now that i installed the latest WIP build (Jan/2016) it works flawlessly :)

Yeh, it worked for some time... but again, slow mo problems, it is playable, but annoying...

I didn't reply before because you said it was working ok, but it seems you still have the slo mo problem. So...........

In CCC create a preset for POTC and set everything to the max settings except morphological filtering. Play the game like that and then adjust the settings to get the best compromise between frame rates and game speed.

Basically what happens in my system is that frame rates are no longer capped at 60fps and the farther past that they go the slower the graphics runs. My solution is to put a max load on the GPU to slow down the frame rate.

Back