• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll Gambit

What a story you liked the most?

• Holland

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • England

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Secret organization

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
I'm doing the Dutch mission on one profile and the Privateer on the other.
right now on Dutch, i just killed the capt. in Cartagena and found the log book, but i cant seem to find his ship, or Lat. 12dg 48' is it @ Bluewald? or somewhere else on the world map?

got the Mirage "Flying Dutchman" now i have to go to St. John to the drugstore and then set the trap with the chinese guy @ Dominica, took the Mirage to Dominica and killed Fleetwood and returned with the logbook to Curacao.

when does Justice Island quest start?

Last edited:
Mirage was at Boca del Serpente. That was written in the log. Finding Boca del Sierpente without knowing where it is, which is normal at that stage, is not easy. On the web, there is only a Russian detailed map, so you need to read some cyrillic.
Pirate Saga will start after Dutch Gambit, wich is a sort of last tutorial quest, since only after this you gain access to storehouses.
For Pirate Saga, after Duch Gambit, go to your brother with 1 million peso. He'll tell you what to do. You can do some free play after Dutch Gambit too, to level up.

I've just talked to Abigail, Soloman and the Portuguese guy, that's where i am now, fixing to head out to God knows where, they say you have to use the Nav. tools (chronometer/Boussole) to find the location of the Island where Soloman hid his family treasure and Jade Skull.
Lat. 12 dg. 48'
Lon. 64 dg 41'
thats from both log books. and i sailed around above Curacao @ 12'48 but cant find 64'41.

Last edited:
this is the place but no island found :( :mad::(:confused::modding:no
engine 2016-03-29 02-23-36-89.jpg

it is a small island. you can find it on the battle map, not the global map :) on the battle map use "go to".

By the way , do you like quest ship? It is one of my favorite ships.

ive sailed to the spot where they tell you to go and went to battle mode, to try to the island and i get nothing (X) in the fast sail.

According to your save name - you just in the right place. Isla de Coche - it is the name of the island. to use "go to" you must have a spyglass.

if the problems remain - send me your save game.

Last edited:
i got a the better spyglass from Fleetwood. (IDK) about using it to find the island that way...... ive done a full 360 with spyglass and see NOTHING!!!!

You need to calculate the coordinates. In your cabin hit enter and thinking out loud, then calculate... It was written in your log.

i did the out loud calculations, you have to be percise with the cordinates or else you'll just sail around, once you get to there on the world map go to open sea and you should be right @ it.
Lat. 12dg 48N
Log. 64dg 41W
engine 2016-03-29 16-16-17-52.jpg

Last edited:
anyone found a cypher yet to decode the drug store owner's log book? i cant find it anywhere......i completed the Gambit quest for the Dutch, @ the end you can do one of two things:
1. keep the ledger and get the ship
2. turn in the ledger to Lucas and get the ship and rifle.
what is better on the long run? keeping the ledger or turning it in???

:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
The cypher is in the dungeon under the drugstore.
I have no idea if the ledger should be kept, but there seems to be no need for it and just sits forever in the inventory, can't be removed.
Also, that carabine is nice and can be useful in the dlc quest Caleuche.

i looked all over the dungeon, and never found it, so i gave the ledger to Lucas and got the rifle/ship. (just made a Dutch Gambit Guide)

The cypher is in the dungeon under the drugstore.
I have no idea if the ledger should be kept, but there seems to be no need for it and just sits forever in the inventory, can't be removed.
Also, that carabine is nice and can be useful in the dlc quest Caleuche.
where exactly ?

In those tunnels under the drugstore, in one of the dead ends. The hand simbol will show where you can search.

Updated Note:
Unfortunately after playing through the entire English privateer questline of the "Dutch Gambit", there is NO Jade Skull in order to start The Caleuche DLC like the Holland and Secret Organization. This may be a BlackMark Studios mistake, unless the Jade Skull is not relevant in order to progress late an obtain the strange amulet. I have no idea where it would be otherwise yet, as it was not in the chest on the island but instead a severed head of a quest character before you fight the "shadow warrior" skull indian. Perhaps the severed head (which you give to Fleetwood) was the equivalency of the Jade Skull, but I do not think 6 months of time has past yet?

Obtaining "Mirage" is still an amazing snow brig, able to take on class 2 ships especially when fully upgraded. The rest of the rewards for the Dutch Gambit are the same. Interesting perspectives from each side from the entire cast of characters.

Last edited:
This may be a BlackMark Studios mistake, unless the Jade Skull is not relevant in order to progress late an obtain the strange amulet. I have no idea where it would be otherwise yet, as it was not in the chest on the island.
There is no mistake. Joachim Merryman has taken the Jade Skull from the chest himself.
Look for the strange amulet to start The Caleuche DLC.

Back