• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll Gambit

What a story you liked the most?

• Holland

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • England

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Secret organization

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
I played only for Holland. It is supposed to be the middle path.

Anybody knows anything about the quest "a price of consumption"? At the end it is gained access to the strategic good resin, but i have no idea how to get this quest.

Thank You. Never visited Trinidad as it is Spanish if i'm not wrong.

As for the Dutch Gambit, playing for the secret organization, will give you as a reward at the end a very good boarder, but they have some requirements, you need a bad reputation and it was not for me.

PS I did the price of Consumption , but had nothing to do with resin.

Last edited:
im still in the middle of it for Holland, went to the Santiago bank talked to him, he said come back the next day, and i did, and nothing else happens....i can buy metals and put $ in his bank, but quest lines, nothing any tips?
:checklist:confused::confused::confused:

You probably saved just after exiting the bank and broke the quest. There should have been an incident right after you exited the bank. Hope you have some saves. or maybe you chose to rest as soon as you exited the banker. After talking to the banker, exit and wait for a guy to approach you.

i walked out of the bank nothing happened, went to the merchants bought ammo and meds, went to the store resupplied, tavern to see if there were any officers, then stayed the night and thats where i am...i saved on entering Santiago.

im still in the middle of it for Holland, went to the Santiago bank talked to him, he said come back the next day, and i did, and nothing else happens....i can buy metals and put $ in his bank, but quest lines, nothing any tips?
:checklist:confused::confused::confused:

Do not use fast travel. Do not wait 24 hours. Just go to the street. On the street quest character will find you.

ok ive waited 7 days and the DWIC guy says there's nothing new to do, what i do wrong? i stayed in port 7 days buying ammo/meds/trinkets/food and jungle fighting, now what??

after you talk to a banker you need not do anything. you just need to go outside. then you will be attacked by a robber. if not - there is a bug. but I've never heard of this strange bug. what is your version of the game?

@Ben Coats

Wait for another day to be sure. I never went back after 7 days. I've roamed the archipelago for a few weeks and did other jobs then I returned to talk to Rodenburg (or what his name was).

I've got the 2nd mission to find the capt of a ship and kill him on land and steal that ship to bring back to the DWIC, my problem is where is Chinese Longway? i don't have a trading license to go to the Spanish ports and the "boss" said he's "somewhere on the main" any suggestions? anyone got this far?

Yeah, this game needs you to read the dialogues. You should park you ship at the harbor master first, then talk again to Rodenburg.

As a tip, you'll never get your ship back, so if you have something valuable in the holds, like ironwood, shipsilk etc, just sell it.

When talking with Longway the first time, scroll down and chose the third option, that's if you want him to join you at the end of the Dutch Gambit.

Last edited:
my steps:
got the mission
went to the harbormaster stored the ship
went back to the DWIC man and started, went to the ship and started sailing but immediately attacked by pirates. thats when i stopped.
someone needs to do a WALKTHROUGH for this mission.

Probably those pirates followed you when going to Willemstad. They have nothing to do with the mission. Just lure them to the fort if they are too tough, or use sail to Coast Van Hato which is on the other side of the island so the pirates that are chasing won't find you. After that you need to sail to Cartagena, if i remember right, but you should sneak into the city through the jungle at night.

Last edited:
i made it to Cartagena, and entered thru the jungle, but how do i find this guy in the tavern? i cant get thru the city w/out the guards seeing me.
also where can i find the privateer in Antigua? (doing two players) since im stuck on one. pls someone do a walk through......

If you chose the Dutch side, don't search for any privateer in Antigua anymore. For that guy in Cartagena, ask the bartender. If you have problems sneaking in Cartagena at night, you can enter the city at night after 1:00, then rest till the day and then you can move in the city more easily, just don't get too close to the Spanish soldiers.

PS I chose only the Dutch, I have no idea how to find the English guy in Antigua, but it can't be that hard. He either owns a house there or you must ask in the city or at the tavern.

Last edited:
Back