• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fort Attacks

Ben Coats

Freebooter
question, i attacked Santo D. with 2 MoW's, in the spyglass it said :127/127 cross cannon then futher down it said 80 cannon, which is it 127 or 80 cannon? cuz during bombardment, it knocked me down from 102, 36lbs cannon to 17 @ the end of the attack, and i had my crew maxxed out with 1285 men, and 800 on the other, i held the 2nd MoW off @ a distance. as i shelled the fort with my ship it seemed to take out alot of my men, yet after fighting the Ft and street soldiers, ransacking the town, i was back to full crew on that ship. im not understanding some of this @ all. whats the best way to attack forts??????
:unsure:guns:

also another question, i started playing as jack sparrow as a pirate ussually i do a nation, decided to try my hand @ this tho. why does bermuda shipyard, when i sail a captured ship i get nothing for it???? Grrrr i used the diplomat to get neturality with france, i get to Tortuga and they open fire on me, wtf? i have less than 24,000$ two captured ships to sell and cant cuz they attacked me, even when i had the french flag up.
:thumbsdown2

Do you have a French Patent ( or a Patent from a country friendly with France ) - or a French Letter to trade.

Without those the forts will fire on you if your nationality ( shown by nation emblem in your character portrait ) is a nation hostile to France. The flag you fly will only help if you have a Letter to trade.

The Patent will change the emblem in your character portrait and so make you friendly to France.

Letters to Trade and patents can be bought from Diplomats or by doing tasks for governors.

Not sure what is causing your problem with the Bermuda Shipyard:shrug

:cheers

thanx, no i dont have a patent, just starting out as JS, right now a rank 2, guess i need to get more $$$ and pay the diplomat to get a trading license.

question, i attacked Santo D. with 2 MoW's, in the spyglass it said :127/127 cross cannon then futher down it said 80 cannon, which is it 127 or 80 cannon? cuz during bombardment, it knocked me down from 102, 36lbs cannon to 17 @ the end of the attack, and i had my crew maxxed out with 1285 men, and 800 on the other, i held the 2nd MoW off @ a distance. as i shelled the fort with my ship it seemed to take out alot of my men, yet after fighting the Ft and street soldiers, ransacking the town, i was back to full crew on that ship. im not understanding some of this @ all. whats the best way to attack forts??????
:unsure:guns:

If you're successful in your attack, the game brings you back to full ship and crew strength. If you're unsuccessful - well you leave with a bunch of battered or sunk ships with low crew numbers. The game rewards your success. I'm guessing the devs assumed you could simply take all the materials you wanted for free, utilize free labor and press locals to swell your crews. Nice bonus anyway eh?

MK

Back