• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flying dutchman

Hey all i am working on a one length metre model of the UNCURSED flying dutchman from the movies pirates of the caribbean. does anyone have any information, files, pictures? anything is appreciated

Can you make a Dutchman instead of something like him?) Otherwise, I've already seen so many "presumably Dutchman" models and none Dutchman) Oh, yes. there are no photos of the non-cursed version. because it is only in digital format in the last minutes of the movie 3 and the last seconds of the movie 5)

Last edited:
Hey all i am working on a one length metre model of the UNCURSED flying dutchman from the movies pirates of the caribbean. does anyone have any information, files, pictures? anything is appreciated
The #1 person I know with information about that is @Legendary_Spider.
He hasn't been online in quite some time, but I'm still in contact with him on the forum.
You can try sending him a PM (Private Message): http://piratesahoy.net/conversations/add?to=Legendary_Spider

Can you make a Dutchman instead of something like him?) Otherwise, I've already seen so many "presumably Dutchman" models and none Dutchman)
You sure know your PotC film ships, I think! :cheeky

Oh, yes. there are no photos of the non-cursed version. because it is only in digital format in the last minutes of the movie 3 and the last seconds of the movie 5)
Makes sense.
Physically repainting the real-life ship for real might be more expensive than doing it with a computer.

On the other hand, maybe it wouldn't.
They did EXACTLY THAT for the movie "Cutthroat Island" in Thailand.
One scale 1:1 ship was made there to play two roles; and in Malta, they built another TWO actual ships.
:ship:ship

Then they put those two in a big tank together for a FULL-SCALE sea battle!
And at the very end, that fully exploding ship is 100% REAL!!!
:boom:

The #1 person I know with information about that is @Legendary_Spider.

On the other hand, maybe it wouldn't.
They did EXACTLY THAT for the movie "Cutthroat Island" in Thailand.
One scale 1:1 ship was made there to play two roles; and in Malta, they built another TWO actual ships.

:boom:

I would double-check these facts)

I would double-check these facts)
You mean the facts about the Flying Dutchman; or about Cutthroat Island?

I'm pretty sure about the Cutthroat Island story as I heard it straight from the director (through the audio commentary).

But you seem like quite the Dutchman expert too and Legendary_Spider hasn't been around for quite a while,
so it can very well be that those facts indeed changed in your favour by now. ;)

Back