• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fluyt update

Try this version of "detali.tga", which should remove those anchors, the wheel and the belfry.
A wheel is too modern for this ship, but I don't think it can be removed via texturing without also removing the belfry.

Attachments

• detal1.tga.tx.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
Thanks! :bow

This might leave the ship looking too bare, but there might be other options.

You missed some ropes which look a little odd. I have been trying out different decks but none of them cover all the ropes. It does look better overall though. beta3 2014-05-10 14-18-56-16.jpg beta3 2014-05-10 14-46-54-24.jpg

Ah, so the wheel ropes use the same texture as the gunport ropes. :facepalm
Will try to get you a fixed texture tomorrow.

Nice! That brings a bit more life to the deck. :onya
Here's the updated texture to remove those floating ropes.

Attachments

• detal1.tga.tx.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
Got it installed and moved the furniture around some more. Put the bell under the deck out of the weather and now she has 4 stern chasers.
beta3 2014-05-11 12-49-13-17.jpg beta3 2014-05-11 12-49-29-97.jpg

If anyone notices, I made a mistake when putting the folders together for the fleuts and they have ropes sticking up out of the deck. The correct detal1.tx is in post #26 above.

It goes in POTC--->resource--->textures--->ships.

I will try to this week. I first need to get the right files from the installer etc. But I will look at it this week.

I think the anchors should be resting a bit lower than that, with one end at the base of the 'vants' and the other hanging below the catheads.
Have a look at how they're stowed on the Aurora and Rossiya for reference.

That is a WIP picture. I am about done with it now and will get another pic soon. I installed win8.1 yesterday and things are a little messed up right now.

I had the anchors resting on the vants but that put the catheads(?) almost coming out of a window, so I moved the anchors up and forward.

Here are some pics showing how it went. I started with them resting on the vants platform and then moved them up and forward.
beta3 2014-05-26 10-19-05-08.jpg beta3 2014-05-27 09-47-46-16.jpg beta3 2014-05-27 09-47-53-62.jpg

I don't mean to be picky, but here's how I would arrange them:
FluytAnchor1.jpg

I'd keep the anchor resting on the vant platform ("channel"), and just move the catheads (red) forward and up slightly.
I know it looks a little weird because there should be a hook linking the cathead with the loop on the end of the anchor, but it's the best we can do within TOOL's limitations. ;)

I thought about that and almost did it as it looks much more practical, but didn't because I was basically just cleaning up the existing mess. I will do that when I get some time as I see a possibility there. It is possible it was like that at one time and got screwed up years ago.

Well, it is not as good as I had hoped, but is about as good as it can get. There are some ropes above the ring that have to be hidden in the anchors or the main line would be attached to the ring.
beta3 2014-05-27 12-52-44-55.jpg beta3 2014-05-27 12-52-53-02.jpg

It seems the quality of the work done over the years is highly variable. Last night I went and looked at the other fleuts and the catheads are..............well one is facing forward and the other is facing backward. :wp

All of the others are like that. I started retrofitting them last night. :type1

Back