• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flag Texturing

mobucks

Landlubber
any way to make the 2 thinner top sails use their own texture or mesh? I was thinking it would be sweet to have those as pennant shaped... Looks really good except.....

Any solution to having an alpha channel on flag but still seeing the "invisible" mesh if you alpha all the way to the outside/border of the flag mesh? (not experienced modder, but would think its not possible to fix, maybe use a cropped flag mesh to fit whatever size i want? I know very little 3d stuff)

Im not sure about all ships but my Sea Wolf has 2 thin rectangle nation flags that just distort the textures of say the Fluer De Lise of the french flag. Seems somewhere along the lines these top flags were meant to be like pennants but were rushed out and just applied the nation flag .tx on them.

Please forgive, i been searching a lot on here and i know these qs are probably here somewhere i just am all "searched out" for the evening. Did roofing in 97 degree F today =)

Wow massive drop in quality for that screenshot, now you can barely see the outline of the full flag mesh, in game, it is visible. PS just a test flag for messing with an alpha.

YARR-1.jpg

EDIT: Seems the problem goes away with FSAA turned OFF. Makes sense.

Have a look at the flags in this screenshot:
ship_british_heavyfrigate.jpg

Is that more to your liking?

There are certain a lot of pretty sails coming out of the wood work. Once we can get the simple mod up and running, it would be nice to have all these sails as other purchasable options, along with the colours currently available in his mod

Yest Pieter, so in the case of the SW, the 2 top flags could be one tex and the large one in the back could be the regular flagall.tx

So is that a thing i need a 3d editor to alter? So that part of the model is pointing to a different tex? Or is it done through a notepad or hex edit? I will browse the tutorials.

As for new flags, yeah they are simple and fun to mess with.

Here i have been working with Dread_Pirate's flag mod as a base and made a few changes based on historical naval flags. More simple, but more accurate i believe.

flags.jpg

Havent seen what they look like in game though.

At this time, the code support for a Different Flags mod is not in CoAS.
Until that's added, the same texture file is going to be used on each mast on the ship.
We've added the code support for this in PotC, which uses pretty much the same code as CoAS, so we know it's possible.
However, it is not easy to add at all and probably won't be done for another while. :shrug

You can always have some fun with PotC instead for a while; there can never be any harm in that. :cheeky
(I'll always support PotC and our ongoing work for it if I have the chance... :wp )

Back