• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Finally I have found my role.

After many trials, finally I have found my Name, and my Role in the pirates world.

Ambrosius Pellicano, Explorer, Portuguese (really an Italian navigator that work for the Kingdom of Portugal)
started his adventure in October, 24, 1617.

Was a bit difficult, I must admit: I was asking myself many times "what I like?" "why I'm here in the Caribbean?" and so on.

The replies was really statisfacting:

My first pleasure over any other is to explore everywhere;
After this, I like make some honest commerce (and maybe also a bit of good smuggling)
Of course, I haven't afraid of a battle, also if I tend to avoid until I'm costrained.

Then, Explorer is my role.

My first ships in campaign:

San Pedro, Sloop (class 7):
really I haven't modified in any way this fine ship because I wanted other, and I used only for make my first dobloons with commerce (at start Portugal is at war with everyone, then my merchandises end in Pirates/Smugglers shops);

Cristobal Colon, Caravela Latina:
After started to make some starting dobloons I needed a more larger ship for make more dobloons and augment my wealth. usdually I dislike these ships, but a Caravel is a good way to become richer, and go to the next step;
(NOTE: The names are in Spanish because I don't know a single word of Portuguese!)

Next steps: ufffff....a real difficult choice about a Hoy (fast and agile little ship, very good for start to navigating well) and a Pinnace or Fluyt (great choices for become the Caribbean Uncle Scrooge)

Coruna de Portugal, Polacca, heavily modified (more or less has all, save corsdair modification and bronze guns and chasers)

The next will be probably something more warfare ship, little size.

Back