• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Favicon

I see one for PA in my bookmarks. What browser are you using mate? If your looking for one in the URL bar in Firefox, you won't see it anymore unless you install an Addon. They removed it for "security reasons" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I use Firefox and you're right only in this browser the favicon doesn't work. I installed the addon but maybe I need to clean the browser because it doesn't still work.

...Strange, it works just fine for me. It may be that one of your other addons is interfering for some strange reason. Try clearing your browser cache. :shrug

Before installing the addon, I had the favicon in many other websites using firefox but not in the Pirates Ahoy website. Well, it's not important anyway...

That is strange. It can be tough to track them down sometimes, but at least with Firefox you can disable and re-enable pretty quickly.

I have used Firefox for years, but I think it is going to be time to find a new browser, they are becoming more and more like Chrome and will soon have adds embedded in the new tabs page. Very disappointing, but I guess when your primary funding comes from Google it is not all that surprising.

Pale Moon would be one option, it is based on an older Mozilla build I believe. It is Windows only though, and I currently use Linux, so I will have to keep looking. I miss Netscape!

**EDIT**
Nevermind, it is available for Linux, I just can't read! :wp

Last edited:
I used it before a few years ago, I thought it was ok, but it couldn't keep up with the Firefox updates. Recently though, they are not so much updates as annoying and browser breaking. I'll have to try it again myself when I get the chance.

Cool mate, glad it is working well for you! :onya

I seem to remember I may have also had an issue with Java or Flash, but it has been a few years since I messed with it. I will give it a try again this weekend, hopefully I can squeeze in some time to play with it a bit.

After some tests since yesterday, the browser is steady. Just had a small problem yesterday when I posted something on PA website but the cause was not the browser (certainly my internet connection:rolleyes:).
As I said the browser is fast (and moreover I use it in my netbook not in my desktop:eek:) but I admit unlike Firefox, I didn't install any add-on on Pale moon. And add-ons just slowdown a browser:(.

Back