• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug False flag recognition

I've fixed the "Tales of a Sea Hawk" shipyard bug, though it was more luck and coincidence than clever problem solving. The usual problem, prevented by'LAi_StoreFantom', is that a randomly hired character may be completely wiped to make way for a new random hireling. That wasn't happening here; the character wasn't wiped when I went to the shipyard but the character's ship was. While I was looking at the code at case "Story_BlazeLeavesDanielleRoom" which chooses a passenger and assigns the ship, I noticed that it wasn't removing the passenger from your "Passengers" list, so I added a line to do so. Meanwhile I'd set "PROGRAM\INTERFACE\shipyard.c" to show debugging traces in the hope that it would give some clue as to why the ship was being wiped, then loaded my test savegame and went to the shipyard - and the ship wasn't wiped! Apparently the problem was due to the character still being listed as a passenger. I confirmed that by loading another savegame in which I'd already done various things in San Juan and was ready to leave. If I then went to the shipyard, the pinnace from Bonaire disappeared. If I used console to remove the pinnace's captain from the "Passengers" list, the ship did not disappear.

Oddly, this hasn't been a problem with other characters who are assigned as both companion and officer, including Danielle. But it's one to watch for. It's generally not a good idea to have a character as both companion and officer because if the character gets killed on land, you lose the ship as well. It's even more not a good idea if visiting the shipyard can also lose the ship!

Right, back to false flag detection...

Back