• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fallout New Vegas

rupertlittlebear

Retired Duke
Pirate Legend
Just wonderin how many of our avid readers are off playing Fallout New Vegas.

The modding community is fast at it already. :will

and early reports indicate mod porting will be quite easy

so . . .

all the truly great mods from Fallout3 will soon be available on FNV

almost like being able to port POTC into the (abandoned) Armada of the Dammed

Heck, there's even been advise on how to use an Oblivion mod on FNV :rofl

BTW the fallout games have tactical nukes (or something like them)

I don't have Fallout New Vegas yet.. I've only seen some crap Fallout 3 like pictures. Never had high hopes for New Vegas. xD:

i got but it super buggy i cant even get to 2nd part of main quest cause it freezes every time and quite a few other bugs

They didn't learn from all that was wrong in Fallout 3? :rolleyes: I bought the GOTY of it, but took it back after all the DLCs refused to install.

I'd say a bit of both - I don't mind Steam now that it works alright most of the time, but hate the fact it auto-updates all your games. If a patch buggers everything up, the only way to avoid getting it is permanently playing in Offline Mode.

On the other hand, one less intrusive Sony product is enough to brighten anyone's day. xD:

I got Fallout New Vegas! :woot

I wasn't expecting much and to my surprise. THIS GAME ROCKS! :dance
MUCH better than Fallout 3 I thinks. :yes Been about 10 hours straight playing and I have still not been able to progress much in the game. xD: In Fallout 3 I couldn't stand playing it for one hour.. and felt crap afterwards but Fallout New Vegas is a whole different story to me. Seriously you should give it a try. :yes It already has a modding program released for it and if you know something about modding that game you can make the game enjoyable for yourself.. I'm not kidding. :no

I love that Fallout 2 Enclave Advanced Power Armor there and NPCs make MUCH more sense now. :yes

[quote name='T'Flok' timestamp='1288486257' post='382105']
Heh.. C4 sounds like fun. xD: But my modded Gatling Laser is good enough for me. :yes
[/quote]
Gatling laser HA!!!

get the Alien Blaster

and watch your foes simply melt away.

(of course adding a mod to create {more} alien ammo helps too)

Actually I liked Fallout 1 and 2 melting better.. Fallout 3's and Fallout New Vegas's melting isn't that good so I removed the melting from my Fallout New Vegas.

That alien blaster is just too damn shiny to fit with my Enclave Remnant Advanced Power Armor's colors and besides I'm a heavy weapons guy not small arms guy. I prefer laser rifles, gatling lasers, miniguns and light machine guns.

[quote name='T'Flok' timestamp='1288486257' post='382105']
Heh.. C4 sounds like fun. xD: But my modded Gatling Laser is good enough for me. :yes
Gatling laser HA!!!

get the Alien Blaster

and watch your foes simply melt away.

(of course adding a mod to create {more} alien ammo helps too)
[/quote]

AH! Darn.. didn't even try out or try to remember that gun! :modding xD: I love it! I thought you were talking about those shiny guns that were in Mothership Zeta Fallout 3 DLC! :facepalm

The original Fallout 3 Alien Blaster is awesome! :yes And with those new Fallout New Vegas animations.. just plain awesome! :dance Which reminds me of Fallout 2.. the Enclave DID use small arms there.. ALOT.. especially those Patrols near Navarro. :yes

EDIT: Man, screw light machine guns, laser rifles, gatling lasers and miniguns. Alien Blaster FTW! :rofl No more worrying about aiming.. just point and shoot and let the blaster bolt do it's magic. :rofl I laughed so hard. xD:

Yeppers, massacred Caesar's home fort with that blaster

my companion hardly had time to rev up her mini-gun

think she spent less than 200 rounds in the entire camp

:rofl never even considered using turbo for that encounter

Even killed Caesar before his bodyguards ever saw me in the tent.

"Get your own Alien Blaster today and all your problems will just melt away!" :woot :rofl
Best AD I could come up with about that gun. xD:

It really does get the job done. It surprisingly is better at crowd control than any other weapon.. hats down! :2up

And gotta love that disintegration effect of Alien Blaster.. it's the most satisfying sound and effect to hear and see. Not sure but it has it's deep charm about it.

[quote name='T'Flok' timestamp='1288884660' post='382350']
That alien blaster is just too damn shiny to fit with my Enclave Remnant Advanced Power Armor's colors and besides I'm a heavy weapons guy not small arms guy. I prefer laser rifles, gatling lasers, miniguns and light machine guns.
[/quote]
:rofl

ain't no weapon that's heavier than the Alien Blaster

Unless you consider the Tessla Cannon

45 power cells in = 1 shot

But if you are dead set on "heavy weapons"

get the grenade machine gun

or

"Mercy"

you need to get out shopping more often

BTW if you need directions to "Mercy" do the Thorn quest line and look around in dem dar hunting locations

BTW II -> Mod of the year -> http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35677 :will

Back