• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Extreme difficult missions

Damn :(
I got the one from Shark beach.. can I go again to the island and obtain the real mask or no chance?

@A.H
I don´t actually know that because i didn´t make that mistake. You have to try yourself and i can only keep my fingers crossed for you. :facepalm

@LarryHookins

Here you go but i assume that only half of them could fit to your way of playing (sandbox) and i have marked them green for you:

Long Way to Gallows
Price of Consumption
Slave Trader
Dangerous Cargo
My Boss wants a Ship
Regatta
(still bugged and only playable with Hook´s mod)

Last edited:
Oh crap, don't think I could sail there anymore... the storm with island doesn't appear anymore :(

And now Im in Tayasal.. and what a stupid mission; why not send 500 enemies at once, make it more stupider? :)
at the same time, give them all klashinkov and that will be just fine.
I can understand that your brother has 2500 HP, and I can understand if you want to put someone else with him to fight against you, but to put you in a room with no protective shelter, and with 7 guys all around you.. how stupid can a game developer become? :)

Attachments

• QuickSave.zip
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I told you that it´s getting harder and harder till the end but is absolutely no problem in Normal mode. As Hook said, in this game the Hard mode is equal to the impossible mode in other games. For now i want to sleep because it´s already past midnight in my country but tomorrow i will see if i can return to Ksocheatem Island with your save and edit this post afterwards. If not, you will have to load a previous save and repeat the mission. You should better have asked me before you were sailing there.

EDIT:

Well, we have a misunderstandig here. I thought that you want me to try out for you if it´s possible to land on Ksocheatem Island again. Instead you gave me a save where you are in the Temple right before the bossfight with brother Michel which ends the main questline. As you already know, this is impossible for me with your weapons and in Hard mode. I can only manage that in Normal mode with a Horseman´s axe, a Trench cuirass armor, 3 bottles of Ometochli Tincture, 10 bottles of Elixir and keep running around the room all the time during the fight while killing the musketeer first of all. No other way for me. Also your health should be excellent before you start this bossfight, that´s the reason why i told you that you need to take some bottles of Tears of Ixchel with you. With only GOOD Health you might not have a chance. But you won´t be able to lift the curse anyway if you only have the fake mask with you! If you want to finish the main questline you must play the Ksocheatem Island mission again or let me try to return there for you with a previous save. I don´t see any other possibilities here.

Last edited:
Ah no worries, I'm starting to get bored of this game and need to find something new... problem is every new game is fantasy, zombies, shooter, and whatever else crap they have nowadays!

Edit: I finished the last battle, but I failed quest and game over because of fake mask.
So most likely I will revert to old save and just ignore this quest while keeping the game open.

Last edited:
Ah no worries, I'm starting to get bored of this game and need to find something new... problem is every new game is fantasy, zombies, shooter, and whatever else crap they have nowadays!
Find a fun old game then!
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, for example. ;)

At the moment i also like very much to play Sniper Elite 4. This is a shooter but very good made with a lot of tactic possibilities which you have to think about before attacking someone or something. I mean, you can´t just run through. Maybe this could be of some interest for you. But somehow i don´t lose the feeling that you might think it over because it´s not easy at all to return to older games after you played TEHO. At least it wouldn´t be for me. ;)

EDIT: I knew that you can´t take your hands of that easy and i like you for that. Even if you would decide to repeat Ksochestem and the Temple later on, you can always keep TEHO open if you decide not to return to Paris in the end. You will be asked by the game. Also some of the sidequests, which i named before, are nice.

Last edited:
Well in AOP2 I used to take over all the ports when I finished the questlines, then get bored after taking 50%.

And now something strange happening in my TEHO... although I reverted back to an old save, you lose the game after 1 month, so you either have the original mask, or game over.

Since I do not have any old saves anymore, most likely will leave this game until I have the mood to start a fresh one again xD

Too bad I couldn't find the Ksocheatem island again, tried many times, but I think it disappeared :(

Attachments

• Jungle 3.zip
    1 MB · Views: 131
Well, i tried it too with the same result, no more Ksocheatem. At least we know now that it´s not possible to return there once you have finished the quest. It could have to do with taking back Gino Gvineili to Antigua. Maybe it´s possible before but not after that. Anyway, as you dídn´t keep previous saves, you don´t have another chance as to start all over again. It´s none of my business but i really don´t understand why you don´t like to manage a save archive for all important quests in this game on an external drive for example. I mean come on, with such a tricky game like this one? If you would play my version 1.4.0 for example, i could give you saves for all important situations whenever you would need them. Maybe you have learned out of this and maybe it´s a good idea to start again in Normal mode. Your decision anyway.

I will not get rid of the feeling that it won´t take very long till you start a fresh TEHO. I mean come on, we both know very well, that there is nothing at the moment that could really compare to it and i´m also not shure if there will be one in the next few years. :p

I had the same experience with AoP2. As long as i had a storyline to follow together with the free open world play whenever i wanted it, i enjoyed it a lot. But after that, when i started to capture cities one by one, i lost the interest after some time and started to ask myself for what im doing all that. The only answer was: For myself only and where is the fun with that? None.
Also we could never capture all of them. For example Panama because of the Henry Morgan quest.

In TEHO we don´t have this problem because it´s nearly impossible. xD

Last edited:
Yea well i hope modders can start to professionally take care of this game's flaws and bring newer versions with less "sturdiness" when it comes to missions!

I don´t think that this is going to happen so soon because i have the feeling that the devs take care to sell all their upcoming DLC´s before allowing modding for the game. They might keep the Prgram Folder locked as long as possible because they seem to be afraid that too many people will make them responsible for bugs which they aren´t responsible for if they are resulting from mods. Stormengine based games are principly very sensitive and it isn´t easy at all to find out all reasons for bugs and crashes in them.

BTW: You could also still use my Jackman save if you want to start again from that point but by the time i´m not shure anymore if it isn´t better to start from the beginning (In this case i would recommend you not to miss 2 important boarding officers this time. Clod Duran you can only get in the quest Just Like Home from the Final Lesson if you don´t enter Tortuga before Level 10 or he would not join you and Hercule Tonzag you get if you would play The Dutch Gambit / The Secret Organisation which is my favorite from all 3. Together with Red Mary you would have the best possible collection then).

Anyway, i´m starting to play Seaking the Guardian of Truth now.

Attachments

• Clod Duran.jpg
    Clod Duran.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Hercule Tonzag.jpg
    Hercule Tonzag.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Ok then I will reroll to the old save which is infront of the spanish fort armory, then will finish missions upto the Tayasal; but are you sure if I do not start that last quest then game won't end?
I want to reach a point where I can play freely and not worry about silly missions or events

You got me wrong A.H.

You must play the last mainquest and destroy the real mask. Only when you finish the whole main questline, the curse will be lifted and you will be asked by the game if you want to return to Paris or stay in the Caribbean. Then you must answer that you want to stay and only after that you are free to do whatever you want forever. You can even play all sidequests which you didn´t play before or enjoy freeplay. No more worries then!

Last edited:
Ah I see... well now I will do the Guardian of truth again, I think this is the Ksocheatem one, so I'll try to park my car in shark beach this time!
As for the real mask, where is it?
The underwater grotto?

Careful, careful, hold your horses!

Ksocheatem Island is starting after Seaking for the Guardian of Truth.

1. Don´t land your ship at Shark Beach right away.

2. First you have to land in Rocky Cove and kill all skeletons in Shark Beach by feet.

3. Then return to Rocky Cove and destroy the spanish fleet.

4. Then land at Shark Beach and take all treasures to your ship´s chest.

5. Then run to the cave at the other side of the island and take THOR´S HAMMER which will stop your canons to explode forever if you equip it to your canoneer (very important for freeplay if you want peace of mind for all following attacks!).

6. Jump into the water from the little bridge in this Cave and traverse the underwater area till you reach the Guardian´s Grotto. Kill the Guardian and take the mask.

7. Teleport to Tayasal, kill the brother, destroy the mask and open the biggest treasery of the whole game. Pity is, that you only have one 100% loyal boarding officer with you because you missed the other 2 in the beginning of the game. So you can´t take many treasers (my favorites here are 1.000 bottles of Elixir) with you and there will be no way back.

Follow my steps in the correct order and you won´t have anymore problems till the end!

Godspeed! :onya

Last edited:
Edit: nvm, I think I'm done playing for now until I miss this game again ;)

a new bug has destroyed my game again; I enter tavern but cannot exit because Mary died before on crab island and now this stupid sex dialog tries to open but it can't because Mary is dead, so i am stuck in tavern. I think she got killed by the 5 musketeers.

Anyhow, thanks for all your information the past couple weeks, you've been great help! :doff

Attachments

• Saint-Pierre Tavern.zip
    1 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I´m really sorry for you and can understand your frustration because this is absolutely not your fault, it is a bug of the game for shure.

1. I forgot to tell you that you should never take any officers with you when you fight Patterson with his musketeers because they normally don´t survive that. As far as i know, no player of TEHO could ever manage that successfully. You should always do that mission on your own.

2. Maybe you still have a save before that fight, so that you can repeat it when you are in the mood again.

3. If you want me to try to help you with that tavern bug instead, you must give me a previous save before you were entering the tavern because there is no more way out of it now and therefore i can´t try to overcome it.

BTW: I´m always choosing Helen instead of Mary because she isn´t a sexmachine which jumps on my nervs all the time (only when asked for) and a very good navigator.

Last edited:
Yea but Helen goes away to become lord of Isla del toro no?

And i have a save before tavern entrance which is attached here, but is there a way to completely remove this issue or it will come everytime I want to enter tavern?

Attachments

• Saint-Pierre Store.zip
    1 MB · Views: 135
Back