• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Extra NPCs missing

IntrepIDOwnz

Landlubber
I'm on Build 14 Beta 4.1 from 7 January 2017

I don't remember when it specifically started happening in the game, but all of those "extra" NPCs that run around in towns (the ones that offer treasure quests, you can rob through dialogue, ect.) have disappeared from my game completely. I tried doing some digging around here to find it, but I guess I'm either not hitting the right keywords in the search, or just have a really unique bug.

For some reason I'm unable to upload any files. The website just tells me the file is empty, even when it isn't.

Try executing this through console:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "vcskip");
See here point #4 for how that works:
Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!

That attribute would have the effect you describe.
Sometimes it gets set to prevent quest errors, but gets removed again later when the relevant part of the quest is finished.
What quest(s) were you playing at the time?

I believe it happened once I started The Mysterious Plants quest. I know that one is a WIP, but didn't find that out until after I had already started it and gone through most of the available quest line.

The command worked! Thanks Pieter! :cheers

Can you upload a savegame (zip it up first)?
@Jack Rackham did put an ending on that sidequest a while back, but I'm not surprised if there are still bugs.

I didn't realize files needed to be zipped lol. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados. Speightstown port.rar
    973.2 KB · Views: 251
I didn't realize files needed to be zipped lol. Sorry about that.
No worries. :doff

The reason is actually very silly. The forum software only allows uploading specific file types.
But PotC savegames have no extension at all, so we can't tell the forum that they're OK.
On the other hand, zipping them makes them FAR smaller so it's not really a bad thing to have that accidentally enforced.

@Jack Rackham, is there anything you can do to help?

Probably two console commands are necessary like:
LAi_SetSitType(CharacterFromID("apothecary"):
And a ChangeCharacterAddressGroup for Artois Voysey to put him back where he normally is.

But I don't have my game files here, so I can't check the exact syntax and IDs

I have no idea why NPC:s are missing.
No worries. I was just hoping you could check your game files to get the correct location and character IDs and syntax for those lines of code in my post above.
I can't right now because I'm traveling.

Is there anyway I can look for this stuff myself? I'd like to get the Apothecary talking again before I collect 10 dead albatross and be forced into negative luck.

I think my apothecary line above might actually be correct.
Try executing that through console and see what happens.

Yes, the character ID for the apothecary is indeed "Apothecary".

A better command to reset him might be:
Code:
LAi_SetHuberType(CharacterFromID("Apothecary"));
as that is his normal type as defined in his part of "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Oxbay.c". I'm not sure what the practical difference between 'LAi_SetSitType' and 'LAi_SetHuberType' is, apart from the fact that most sitting characters such as governors are set to the latter.

As for Artois Voysey, something odd has happened if his questbook is closed. He certainly should stay around in Nevis Pirate Settlement waiting to be hired, but the questbook shouldn't close. But he moves around, so next time you're there, have a good search around the area - he shouldn't disappear into a building but he may have walked round a corner. (I got caught out like that with someone else whom I was looking for, couldn't find, and wondered why she wasn't where she was supposed to be. She was there alright, she'd just walked into an area where she was difficult to see.)

I will take another look at the apothecary quest later, but for now we can say this is fixed right?

No, it's unconfirmed. Nothing has been done for Artois Voysey because I can't recreate the problem, and nothing has been done for the apothecary quest because I'm not touching that.

No, it's unconfirmed. Nothing has been done for Artois Voysey because I can't recreate the problem, and nothing has been done for the apothecary quest because I'm not touching that.
I split the artois problem to another thread. This was about the missing NPC's.

I noted here that you can't get an intended dialogue with the indian spy at the moment
Stopping the running indian doesn't work.

Unfortunately that dialogue would call a case with a remove vcskip line

Code:
case "Apothecary Found Follow":
            DeleteAttribute(&Locations[FindLocation("Greenford_town")],"vcskip");
            DeleteAttribute(&pchar,"quest.mysterious_plants.indianspy");
            LAi_UnStoreFantom(&characters[sti(Pchar.quest.mysterious_plants.indianspy)]);
            AddQuestRecord("plants", 18);
        break;

It should of course be placed either somewhere else as well or preferably simply in a case that is always going to be actioned whichever path is taken. I'm not sure if this is the culprit. There are a number of vcskip lines in this quest to allow some good action - but it needs some careful tracking to ensure they are all removed appropriately.

Back