• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF DLC (FINALLY DONE!)

begginfokillz

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
current status as of 6/13/18: Translation nearly 100 percent done. No known major bugs. final playtests currently in progress

EDIT: ITS DONE!

Sea Dogs: To Each His Own :: Update from the devs!

I wish to make an update on this endeavor, which is long overdue

This undertaking began in February 1st of 2018, when the dlc for sea dogs teho called hero of the nation was released in russian, but still not english.

so, me being fed up with months of false promises, i privately contracted a Ukrainian kid to take a butchery of a source code i pieced together, and had him translate it for 50 dollars. A steal of a deal btw.

so, to shorten a long story: i got the dlc translated, devs are in constant contact, and now, despite a few months of delays, it is nearly 100 percent done and nearly bug free, and mr. anders of pirates ahoy has the honor of being first person to beat the new dlc in english :D

all bugs are mostly squashed, and testing is near finalized

Even though this project is almost complete and currently underway, i feel i should give credit where it is long overdue:

Mr. Hook, for damage control and code cleaning
Mr. Anders, for testing and bug fixing
Mr. Kuchynsky, for actually getting it all into English. aka, giving us a rough base to work with
Me, for organizing it, financing it, and getting this shit to actually get started.

this went from something semi official into a full community project. Of course we will present it to developers when it is finalized, but i really wish to thank those involved, you guys are doing better than i ever thought this would be.

Finally, we no longer need further testers, as we are far enough along where further hands on deck would become unmanageable

ORIGINAL POST BELOW:
hello all, i would like to first congratulate my good friend Mr. Kuchynsky for his translation skills and fulfilling his required duties as per contractual agreement. He is amazing in his native tongue and his adopted language. He shows great merit in his skills and i wish him the best.

Now, with that said, I wish to ask for five people to help privately test the fully translated hero of the nation dlc. the requirements for this private test are as follows:

You must own ALL the current sea dogs dlc (especially the hero of the nation dlc)
You must not share these files other than with the testing team.
You must report any grammar issues and or other issues with translation without undue delay to testing team leader
You must show visual proof of errors via screenshots and or copy pasting errors in files
You MUST add begginfokillz on the steam gaming platform.
You MUST PM begginfokillz on pirates ahoy and on steam at the same time for access to the dlc files.

This is not an official blackmark test. This is NOT an official confirmation of a dlc patch. Do NOT ask how the translation was procured. Only ask, are you willing to help the devs before its uploaded to game :)

KNOWN ERRORS: questlog is still in russian

Last edited:
By soon do you mean before or after aliens take over the world?
Been nearly 7 months and we all got scammed out of our $5 DLC purchase.

By soon do you mean before or after aliens take over the world?
Been nearly 7 months and we all got scammed out of our $5 DLC purchase.
This is TEHO we're talking about. That was to be expected.
No point in making a big fuss over it; not again.
The game eventually released, which means there is still hope for that DLC stuff too.

Yes but what kind of creature scams money off English speakers when they don't have any plans to release DLC?
I sent multiple complaints to Steam staff but they chose to support the scammers unfortunately. :modding

Yes but what kind of creature scams money off English speakers when they don't have any plans to release DLC?
I sent multiple complaints to Steam staff but they chose to support the scammers unfortunately. :modding
Actually, as far as I'm aware, there IS a DLC of some kind in some state of development.
But I've never given TEHO much attention, so I'm not sure of the status.
@LarryHookins, do you remember?

A.H. is talking about the last DLC already released that hasn't been translated to English yet.

All I can say is that it is being worked on, but since I'm not doing the work myself I can't give a time frame for completion. Yes, we have a translation. No, it's not ready for prime time yet. It's pretty rough, actually. There are parts that haven't been translated yet and there are bugs.

I have faith that it will eventually be done. Whether the devs release it as an official version or if we have to release it as a mod I have no idea. If they tried running it in its current state I'm not at all surprised that they haven't said anything. When it is done we'll submit it to the developers and see where it goes from there.

There are some politics involved. It is not just technical. Be patient. Or demand a refund, it's up to you.

Hook

Unfortunately refund request has been rejected close to 15 times now.
I keep spamming Steam with refund requests in the hopes that it may actually go to higher level admins and investigate Black Mark as fraudsters of some sort.
Anyhow thanks for all the feedbacks :doff

As for the status of the translation of in game conversations themselves, from Russian to English, it is almost nearly complete..,..99.99 percent in fact. The main issue was getting it to run with the code. so, at this point, it is more code cleaning and getting names to show up in English instead of Russian.

and, for the record, this project is underway, but i feel i should give credit where it is long overdue:

Mr. Hook, for damage control and code cleaning
Mr. Anders, for testing and bug fixing
Mr. Kuchynsky, for actually getting it all into English. aka, giving us a rough base to work with
Me, for organizing it, financing it, and getting this shit to actually get started.

this went from something semi official into a full community project. Of course we will present it to developers when it is finalized, but i really wish to thank those involved, you guys are doing better than i ever thought this would be :)

Is there any possibility of the above mentioned names can make a coup d'etat and take over the Black Mark proprietorship of the Sea Dogs project on Steam?
They are not official developers nor are they licensed.
So a coup would not cause any legal repercussions! :bonaparte:checklist

It has been a long time since I last visited this place. My friends and I have not completed the Chinese translation of TEHO. . . Mainly because we saw the 1.6.0 release. However, since the release of this new DLC, the English version has not been released. I feel very happy when I see this post. I don't know if there is any plan for future release. Then my friends and I can make a Chinese version based on it. Let us also feel the new DLC?

Back