• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help ENGINE.EXE

Wendell Brilhante

Landlubber
Hello, I'm new here and I do not know how things work, so I do not know if I'm posting in the right place. I am a very annoying problem, I bought the game Pirate Of The Caribbean and downloaded the New Horizon mod, "b14_beta4_final" and "b14_beta4_installer", the game without the mod works normal but when I put the mod there is always a problem with ENGINE.EXE and I have to close the game, I already downloaded the "potc_intel_fix" but it did not solve. Can you help me?

This is what appears in the system file.

Code:
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
ERROR: Techniques: Find duplicate technique name: radeon8500sea
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 181 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 122050824 ticks.
BeginScene
The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value
Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx

Are you quite certain you installed the modpack correcty? E.g. you let the Installer EXE do its job?

There must be more .log files than just what you posted there.

Hello merry christmas

I think I did it right, I inject the game into a folder outside of the Program Files folder, I installed it in: "C: \ Pirates Games \ Pirates of the Caribbean". I downloaded the files: "b14_beta4_installer" and "b14_beta4_final" and put them in the same folder, and executed by the installer, I directed the installation to: "C: \ Pirates Games \ Pirates of the Caribbean" and left only marked options checked By default, and remove the game by the ENGINE that is inside the directory that the game is. I use a NVIDEA GEFORCE 8400 GS card have any problems?

These are the only text files I encounter after the problem occurs with ENGINE. And this is the ENGINE configuration parameter file that is in my game.

Thank you

Attachments

• compile.log
    11.5 KB · Views: 204
  • system.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 209
  • engine.ini
    35.4 KB · Views: 196
I downloaded and installed the "potc_intel_fix" in the root folder of the game, but I continue with the same problem, when choosing the option "sea" the game stops working and closes, with "potc_intel_fix" the game simply closes and without it a warning appears ENGINE.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I don't know the specs of the system you are using (and it wouldn't help me if I did) but back in May 2015 the ENGINE.exe in the modpack was patched for a larger stack and heap 8MB not 1MB - so since the stock game apparently works perhaps you could try putting back that earlier version of engine.exe over the later modded one.

I've no real idea if that will help but it is simple enough to try. :shrug

Last edited:
If this original engine.exe works at all, you may not need to go back to Beta 3 just swap the engine.exe from the stock game into your modded beta4 version. The patched version was more stable against CTD crashes but the original should still work.

Hello, I downloaded "b14_beta3_full" and "b14_beta3_installer" and it worked normally.
Can I put ENGINE.EXE and ENGNE.INI from beta3 in beta4? Because beta4 does not always work the problem.
Well if not, I think I will not be able to download the next updates right?

Hello

The original game works normal, with beta3 works but I do not know if this normal because I do not know to find maps to sell in any of the vendors that I meet and I can not play with ships of class 1, 2, 3 and some 4. All that have booth Big, beta4 does not even work. I have to transfer only the ENGINE.EXE file or do I have to transfer any more? I'll try with ENGINE.EXE of the original game and with Beta3.

thank you.

I do not know if this normal because I do not know to find maps to sell in any of the vendors that I meet
Normal in Beta 3, because that is a bug I didn't fix until Beta 4.

I can not play with ships of class 1, 2, 3 and some 4
Uh?

I have to transfer only the ENGINE.EXE file or do I have to transfer any more?
Just ENGINE.exe; transferring anything else will most likely break the game. :wp

Back