• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug ENGINE.exe

Chy

Landlubber
Keep getting crashes in various battles , this last ones i keep getting while fighting some brit ships.
serv2v.jpg

The info about the error mentions something about shipflag5.dll
Is something about that file causing the random crashes ?x.x
Usually occurs when sinking or demasting the brit ships.

Messing with .dll's is way above my pay grade. Do you have error logging enabled? If not, the how to is in the FAQ. Look at my signature.

Alright done , managed to get the error again and this is what i got o.o
Didnt get an error.log though :S

Attachments

• system.log
    411 bytes · Views: 118
  • compile.log
    23.9 KB · Views: 122
You are using both versions of the Superbe. Do you have this problem with other ships?

Very strange. I vaguely remember seeing it before, but nobody could ever replicate it.

Try swapping out that .dll file with, say, shipflag4.dll and see if the problem persists.

Hmm so im using a RN superbe captured from some brits , went to the shipyard and changed its appearance to the FR one with that repaint option , and i took some distance from the brits in this battle and saved the game , load it and fight them over and over till it crashed again lmao.
And im not 100% sure but i keept getting random crashes in fights from time to time , but till now i didnt really give the error info any attention. x.x
Once it didnt crash and i was able to take them out but that happend when i didnt demast them , at longer distance the auto aim starts aiming for the masts not the hull >.<
Gona give the swap a try right now.
So gave it a try , copied the shipflag4.dll and renamed it to 5 but ends up with a runtime error when trying to load that save game :S

What ships get dismasted to cause this crash? I was under the impression that the Superbe was causing the crash when it is dismasted. Is the Superbe the largest ship you have had so far?
You can use the "V" button to manually aim and fire.

Hmm come to think of it the enemy ships that got demasted were RN superbes , but sometimes it crashes even whitout demasting or with other opponents thats what got me confused about it >.<
And well i tried the victory 1st rate a while ago with the US appearance and had alot of crashes while using that one too in battles but cant say for sure if its the same thing cause i didnt check the error info back then cause i thought the crashes might be because of the ships details combined with my slow pc :S
And manual targeting is kinda tricky at times cause of the rolling movement of the ship thats why im mostly into auto fire x.x

Ah. I did some work on the 1st rates back in April and they are as good as they can be. Also, the only time they crashed on me was after boarding battles, but all big ships do that for me.

Does your pc have Intel graphics?

Back